Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
fairnymph

NVP2

Deep golden oil. Very similar to NVP1 but spicier, drier, and with an additional sharp/medicinal/mentholic note. Also some coriander - so it's a little brighter, slightly citrusy. Maybe some clove, too? Quite complex.

A variation on NVP2, but with coriander. Wood, coriander and maybe a touch of clove? In any case, still spicy woods.

Perhaps this was a type of Pais de la Canela deal...

Yes, this is along the same lines as NVP1, but the spice notes are stronger here. I agree with the coriander and clove. This one also has a bit of a sharp vibe as well. Not aquatic per se, but something almost minty?

This one has a similar wood as NVP1, but with the addition of floral note that is going a bit soapy on me. I can smell both aspects as two distinct threads in the scent, but the soapy floral dominates as florals tend to do on me. As it dries the wood manages to back the floral down a bit, the dampness of it subsides but the heady quality is still intertwined with the wood. Now it smells more like NVP1, but the sweetness of the wood isn't there, it's soured by the floral.

I don't get any clove from this like other reviewers did, and I'm not sure I really know what coriander smells like, but this is more floral than herbal/spice on my skin.

Wet: a big blast up the nose. Minty and astringent, but not a green mint; this is camphor, sharp fresh birch oil, or pine turpenoids, plus unidentifiable spices. I also get a hay or chamomile middle note. Maybe a very green sandalwood or benzoin as well? Maybe some clove waaay back there.

As the medicinal note wears down, I get a very herbal bottom note. You know... the dried version is reminding me of Vipralabda (benzoin, Greek sage, hay, melaleuca ericifolia, oakmoss, and blue chamomile).

Eeenteresting.

So I'm getting a bold, somewhat sour resin, perhaps a sour variety of labdanum, with a blast of pepper that is strongest when freshly applied, and perhaps a bit of golden musk and a metallic note.

I feel like it would fit in with the Phoenix Steamworks line of scents.

I definitely get something resinous in this too, and I agree with wood. A dark, heavy wood. It's not really my kind of thing, but I really appreciate the frottle from the lab.