Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
fairnymph

Nepthys v4

Sniffed: Light and airy, almost aquatic, along with a feel of dry sand or dusty winds. Definitely a sandy/crushed rock sort of note. But very light and wispy and quite nice. Faint sweetness below.

Wet: Darker, spicier, heavier. Now I get a lot of the same resins & incense that I get from N v2., but more faintly. There is a slightly sour vaguely citrusy note here that N v2 lacks. Still lots of balsam. I think here, it's elemi that gives the sour citrusy note, but I also get a hint of sweet orange. This is a tiny bit soapy-cologney in that vetiver masculine way, but lightly and pleasantly - it's clean, not overwhelming. Still that dry, warm sand note - really amazing.

Dry: Now it's softened again so that it's much more like it was in the bottle - that dark spicy phase was just a phasee. The sweet orange note has amped a tiny bit (!), but the sour elemi has almost completely faded. Light balsam and tobacco hold as does that vetiver which gives this an airy aquatic note and I think some of that sandy feel. I do still get the whisper of incense and resins, but it's more like incense that was blown out and only faint swirls remain in the airy.

Summary: Airy sweet orange, dry sand, and a faint whisper of incense. Unisex, good throw and longevity.

Incense and sweet orange. The sweet orange note comes out on the drydown, giving it a slightly aquatic vibe. Perhaps there's a touch of spice in it as well.

Orange and resins. This is a dry and dusty scent, with incense notes sort of floating throughout. It is a little sharp and dry for my tastes but it's extremely evocative. There does seem to be a sandy aspect to this as well.

It was so sharp and pungent I couldn't pick out any notes, just rushed to wash it off. I'm going to keep trying it, just with way less. Very "perfumey" and sharp.

It's much drier and resin-y when sniffed than when worn. My impressions are a lot like fairnymph's, except that I'm getting yuzu, lime, and bay - though my nose can't decide between sweet bay and bay rum. I don't get the green of balsams; I think that's the bay. As it wears, I also get hints of sea salt.

A very sophisticated masculine cologne that could be gender-neutral as well. I like this MUCH better than Nepthys v2, and would love to see this blend released. I'd buy a bottle for the man-thing-in-residence.

Edited by bheansidhe

This pretty much smells like bitter orange peel and dry, dusty hay on my skin, with something sharp and perfumey that comes out more in the drydown (reminds me of iris, but I see no one else has mentioned that, so maybe just something going sharp with my skin chemistry).

I'm getting light orange, not particularly strong, maybe like an orange that has lost a lot of its moisture after being left exposed in the sun, with some of the heat from the sand intertwining with the citrus.

If Nepthys is a goddess of death, then this death was a gentle & merciful one.

Edit: a few minutes of dry-down and incense is coming out.

Edited by Kimmie