Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
fairnymph

AF18

Sniffed: Pale golden oil. Slightly sweet, rotten, and strong white florals. Which means iris, ugh. I also get a floral that's sharp and sweet, like mimosa, a jasmine note, and walloping dose of gardenia. This is a LOUD and evil floral blend of notes I detest.

Wet: GARDENIA. Stomping over everything, piercing and amping like a crazy thing on my skin, with that base of other nasty flowers below. This is the type of gardenia that can induce migraines, so I'm off to sink. I guess at least the gardenia beat the jasmine and iris into submission? Of course, like all horrid blends, it refuses to come off my skin and has absolutely insane, inescapable throw. Eeeeeek.

:ack:

Edited by fairnymph

Again, strong white florals. Definitely gardenia in this. I think there might be iris in this, but gardenia is always such a dominant and hateful note on my skin.

If large white florals, and you love gardenia, is your thing, give this a whirl.

Often, I am finding the AF series to be a mutation of each other.

This is primarily jasmine on me more than anything else, and a blast of really intense jasmine with a sharp cat pee undertone, overcoming the gardenia and any other notes. I love white florals, including gardenia which usually turns out creamy on me, but I amp the jasmine in this one to the point of it benig a single-note jasmine. My skin doesn't really have much respect for BPAL jasmine so I'm not exactly the person to give an unbiased review of this one.

Edited by Invidiana

Strong floral with a powdery top. Very perfumey, harsh chemical tones, headache inducing.

Aggressive jasmine or violet (as if there were any other kind!). Acrid, medicinal, and familiar note in here that I can't place, sort of like The Hesperides, but without the apple. Gardenia, birch, jasmine, ambergris? No clue.

I love gardenia, but I don't get a strong gardenia feel from this. It's definitely floral, but gardenia is usually creamy, sweet floral on me, and this is very sharp, perfumey, chemical white floral. It smells cheap and heavy, and reminds me of the lab's iris note...