Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

FLOATER
Murky water, rotting leaves, and silt.

I'm getting mostly mostly aquatic and dirt notes on my skin. The aquatic note definitely has a stagnant quality to it.

The name itself put me off from wanting to try this initially but since I was curious I had to give it a fair shot.

I definitely got the murky water part right away which made me think of a moldy basement. Ew! But it dried down to a watery silt?? It's hard to describe. I usually stay away from aquatic scents. I actually love dirt scents but the silt was definitely tied in with something else. Maybe the rotting leaves?

This actually wasn't a bad scent, just different for me anyway. My decant will last a really long time.

Initially on my skin, this had a salty/aquatic/ozone/detergent quality that reminded me of Lightning, but as it dried it softened into this soft, clean, soapy-in-a-very-feminine-way kind of scent. When fully dry, it smells like a combination of Dove soap and Oil of Olay face lotion. I could see it being a nice daytime scent for work or during hot weather. Very understated. Nice.

This definitely has vetiver in it as I get that smoky bacon bit from it, as well as something that smells truly unpleasant on me. Like rotting gardenias/wet wool sort of unpleasant (which might just be the gardenia!)

EW.

In bottle: This is a surprisingly ozoney aquatic. It’s light and feminine and the silt note gives it a pleasant grounding. Wet: It has more depth. I do pick up a leaf note similar to many lab Autumn theme scents. The aquatic note stays dominant and the silt is still only just detectable. As it warms, the leaves come out even more, adding a depth and complexity that really grows on me. Dry: Surprisingly sweet as the aquatic breaks down into something almost, but not quite citrus rind. It is weirdly attractive in an Autumn stream sort of way. I really do like how the leaves decay into the silt.

This is a very ozoney blend. Very fresh smelling, not offensive at all. Pretty much exactly like laundrey detergent. Unfortunenately aquatics don't agree with me, but at least it doesn't smell like I'd imagine a dead person to smell. :D

I love the photos and concept behind these scents, but the perfume oils haven't been very wearable for me (at least not the ones I've tried so far). Floater is soapy on me, which I was kind of expecting. Aquatics & ozones usually go soapy on my skin. Floater feels more ozone-y than aquatic. It smells like dryer sheets and dank water. I don't get earth or dirt notes exactly, but there's something stagnant and murky smelling about this. It's like floral-fresh, soapy dryer sheets sitting next to a washer full of clothes & water that have been sitting for way too long. As it dries down, it's mostly just floral-soapy-dryer-sheets.

I don't wear soapy-clean scents, so this one isn't a keeper for me.

Aquatic. A pleasant enough aquatic, but it's an aquatic so I can't make anything else out because it's soapy.

Floater - This is definitely an aquatic. It starts off salty and has that wonderful murky feel about I love in aquatics, but then something in it goes terribly awry and it turns into a very strong soap scent. Extremely soapy and detergenty, as much as the blends that are supposed to be soapy.