Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Croquembouche with almond silk and a drizzle of caramel.

Mmm. Buttery, boozey caramel sauce, the kind you're supposed to drizzle over something, but you really want to scoop up and eat with your fingers. The boozy note fades down as it dries, letting the scents of almond and honey come out under the carmel. This is mouthwatering, and I'll have to remind myself not to wear it on the days when I have to skip lunch.

Wow!!! First sniff from the bottle....STRONG caramel BOOZE!! :blink: Almost feel woozy just smelling it. The booziness fades only a bit on my skin....I don't get honey or almond from this. Might seem odd, but the closest I can come to describing this on me, is a caramel flower soaked in booze. I know, no floral note listed, but that's what I get!!

Wet and in the bottle, this is a massive, boozy blast of ALMOND with a cherry undertone. Once it dries and wears down on my skin, it fades pretty quickly down and becomes kind of vaguely foody/boozy. I don't think my chemistry likes this one.

In bottle: ... Is that cherry cough syrup? Weird. But I do smell something buttery.

Wet on skin: Still REALLY strongly kind of almondy/berry and sharp. Not super pleasing. It's starting to mellow a little bit, though.

After an hour: Apparently my skin just hates almond accords, because the same thing happened to Louve by Serge Lutens - the almond gets really sharp and berry-like. THAT SAID, it's mellowed out enough that I can smell the caramel and pastry notes behind the almond. Hopefully after a few hours it's balanced out.

Worn all day: A wee bit of caramel, some sharp almond, and... not much else, actually. :( I wish it was more caramel! Oh well.

This was a lovely frimp. :wub3:

Wet: Very chemically, sort of artificial caramel.

Dry: I'm not sure if the almond is the culprit, but this goes pretty wonky on my skin. Very artificial and almost soapy. Too bad, as I love foodie scents.

Wet: Lots and lots of almond, with something almost boozy-smelling in the background.

Dry: Mostly almond still, with a warm pastry note and a little caramel.

Yum!