Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Sexy and suckable: black cherry brandy.

2018 version.

Definitely a sweet boozy scent. Different than some others I've worn. It has a bit more of an alcohol smell. The cherry note is sweet and fruity. Not super realistic but I don't think it's meant to be.

This doesn't smell bad at all, but it also fades really quickly. 

2018 version:

Had to get Suck It because it reminds me of one my favourite scenes from I Capture the Castle, where Cassandra drinks cherry brandy at the village inn. Such a great book, and that scene is so idyllic so when I saw that there was a cherry brandy scented BPAL I didn't have to think twice! Also, I just love cherry :)

Wet: Blast of sweet, awesome cherry, like a cherry Starburst- no almond here yay!

Dry down: Cherry fades, becomes lighter and slightly more medicinal in tone. Now more reminiscent of a Twizzler. Low throw. 

Though I don't find Suck It has enough oomph for me to wear it much on its own, I do enjoy layering it with other perfumes to add some cherry sweetness. In particular, I find it layers well over Countess Willie and other red musk blends. And I love that cherry opening :wub2:

2020 version. There's something shampoo-y about this for me: while wet it alternates between cherry lollipop and cherry shampoo before settling into the latter. I like it as a layering scent (especially with leathery or woody scents!).

2020 version. I’ve been into BPAL for years but Suck It has never been on my radar since I have similar weenies like Yipe and Ghoulish. But OMG THIS IS THE GUMMY WORM PERFUME OF MY DREAMS. It smells like sticking your nose into a freshly opened bag of gummy candy. I don’t get much booze and it’s not nauseatingly  sweet like some of the other candyesque oils. Upgrading to a full bottle for sure. 

2020! (This year has an added note of sour apricot.)

Wet: This smells like one of those fancy artisanal lollipops you can buy on Etsy. Black cherry lollipop, with a light splash of booze! 

Dry: Okay, this is better than the previous version I tried (2018), but it's still not bottle-worthy for me. Unlike 2018, this one didn't end up being nothing short of a booze blend. I can smell some booze and some black cherry, but there's also some kind of powder note here. 

The wet stage was AMAZING, but once again, the dry down isn't doing much for me. I think I'll keep the decant around though to mix in with some hair products. 

Eventually, this one will work. Damnit.