Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

TP46 - [no description]

In the bottle this smells like dark and smoky vetiver. Could this be a prototype for Moai? It smells very smililar. I'm already in love with this :wub:

On my skin this is vetiver, patchouli (?? maybe the slightest amount), and a powdery note (possibly amber or orris??). "Powdery vetiver" is the first thing that comes to mind as I'm sniffing this on on arm.

10 minutes dry and the powder note amps up on my skin while the vetiver quiets down a bit.

After about an hour dry what's left is a very strange, dirty powder scent. This is where TP46 goes wrong. :cry2: It's still very similar to Moai (just without the "green" notes I detected in that one).

I really loved this when it was wet on my skin and just dried. It was such a nice, rich vetiver scent (and boy do I love vetiver!)

I'm gonna keep this around for a while and see how it ages. Maybe if I layer it with something else the final drydown won't smell so wonky on me. :)

Edited by Monster

Wow, this one is weird. It's definitely smoky, but a pungently chemical kind of smoke rather than bonfire or tobacco -- very strong and harsh to my nose. In fairness, I don't like vetiver, but this seems much more artificial to me than the Lab's usual vetiver notes. My husband says it smells to him exactly like the spray used to smell when he would ride his bicycle behind the DDT truck as a young boy! (I know, I know, it was a different era...) So, if there's anyone out there who knows what DDT smells like, that's what my husband is comparing this to. :blink:

I should also note that the oil itself seems thick and slow to dry on my skin.

Both of you ladies are nuts :lol: there is no vetiver in this, only hamstercage sandalwood, and LOTS of it.

Yuk.

Wow, including me there must be 4 extremely different skin types reviewing this! Whatever type of vetiver is in this, it doesn't go powdery on my skin at like Black Ice (the ozone/snow/vetiver combo there might have been responsible for that though). This is just a deep, sensual smoky vetiver with what I'm guessing is sandalwood, patchouli and a backgrop of sweet resins and something of a bonfire/brimstone note. As it dries down further the resins become more prominent and keep adding further complexity. Reminds me very much of chimney smoke and burning leaves and tree sap, an absolutely gorgeous autumn scent! Very glad I took a chance on it.

Edited by Invidiana

Vetiver, wood, and alcohol? Ew, starting to smell like an ashtray as it dries. As it becomes more ashtray a perfumey floral also emerges, and boy is this foul. I even usually like vetiver, but this one goes so very very wrong. A faint background of something that smells like a cloying perfume [eau de cheap 'ho] and lots of dirty ashtray. So nasty I have to go wash, I can't let this one play out.

I think that I agree with the comments about vetiver in this scent, but this is smelling worse on me than vetiver usually does. I get a bit of that smoky, mesquite bbq smell that I get from some of bpal's vetiver notes, but this is smokier and grittier smelling, and not as sweet. It's like someone dumped out an ash tray on to the bbq and then kicked it over into the dusty dirt :/. It’s very dry, smoky, and gritty smelling on my skin...

Sandy gritty vetiver. I also get a bit of sandalwood on the drydown. This is a smoky vetiver/sandalwood blend. It sort of reminds me to the Ifrit actually. Medium throw and wear length.