Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Mordath

The Asylum

This is AMAZING. It starts off fairly simple - cool, antiseptic mint and a hint of ozone, very much a light green sort of scent. As it fills the room, however, it paints a freaking scent-picture like only the lab can do. This is the scent of a genteel mansion scrubbed clean and institutionalized, a doctor with a stiff, starched collar and an elegant coat gone threadbare at the elbows, a quiet light of madness in his eyes. This is the faint scent of rubber restraints and ozone in the air, hinting at horrors performed in the name of science. And it's fantastic, all cool, civilized Victorian horror, hidden under a facade of gentility. I'm going to be using the HELL out of this for the summer, it's absolutely perfect - this is to Victorian medical torture what Nuclear Winter is to post-apocalyptic wastelands, and I'd class it in the same scent family.

Puddin' graced me with a generous supply of Asylum to make up for a long-lost order, and I am so happy to have this! Asylum starts off with a whoosh of cold mint, and as Mordath said, it's slightly antiseptic and with ozone. I am not good at deciphering floral notes, but I think I detect geranium- at least that's what seems to be lurking just underneath the mint. If you get locked into this Asylum you won't get out any time soon! It lasts and lasts. I have a silk ivy arrangement hanging in my guest bathroom and sprayed a couple of pumps on it yesterday morning, and it is still scenting the entire bathroom this morning.

If I were having a Halloween party this year (and sadly I am not) Asylum would be the perfect scent to spray throughout the house. My husband's favorite movie is "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest", and this Asylum is the perfectly evocative depiction of that movie! The first "blast" is a fresh scent of Nurse Ratched in her starched white uniform greeting you with her icy smile as you are admitted; there are a few floral arrangements scattered around the common room you pass through, but as you are walked down the hallway to your room, you realize with an unsettling sense of horror that you are not leaving this Asylum any time soon.

I hope Puddin' makes this one available so everyone can try it!

I got a prototype goblin squirt of this with my latest BPAL order - thanks again, Puddin' dear!

This is very green, all ozone and mint, and it's not quite my thing, sadly.

Oh, YUM :wub: Received an awesome goblin squirt in my Trading Post order!

Agreed-- when first sprayed it's very cold mint (brings to mind the dentist to me, of course, cold steel instruments and white tile) but, I swear to god, I can also smell freaking rubber gloves, eek! Yes, I think there might be some of the latex note that was also in Thriambus. If not then it's just wishful thinking, but either way it's amazing! There's also a hint of sweet vanilla. Over time it becomes pretty much MINT, as it loses some of it's creepier nuances. Still, I would love to have a whole bottle of this stuff :D

Thank you thank you thank you Puddin' for putting this in with my goblin squirt/claw polish order. WOW, I can't believe how this smells! I had a collection of unscented pillows lined up to test all of my sprays, and this by far is the favorite of the house and I've had a hard time pulling away to test the other ones I ordered. It's so incredible, minty, and haunting. It's that walking into the waiting room and through the lobby smell of sweetness and healing, and the sick smell of experiments behind the doors. Perfect. Just perfect.

Cool, refreshing peppermint, a touch of herbs, and then something that really smells like nuclear winter. It's very clean, and very minty, and sort of clinical in the same way that a sociopath is sort of clean and clinical. Minty fresh.