Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

In the bottle: Coffee and something else. I originally picked out this scent because of the coffee - it's one of my favorite notes and doesn't seem to be in many blends.

Wet on my skin: Tropical flowers, coffee, and something creamy. Because of the creaminess and the coffee and the name (EL) I wondered if this was an Eggnog Latte prototype!

Dry on my skin: The coffee fades away, and I can detect it only if I really try to. The tropical flowers and the creaminess dominate. There's something else in here, too, maybe a bit of white ginger and perhaps the slightest touch of some sort of tropical fruit. I'm not a floral fan, but this is really lovely and well blended. I wonder if the original vision for this scent was of a tropical coffee plantation - rich coffee segues into a creamy tropical floral.

Yup, there is coffee in here. Sniffing from the bottle, that's all I smell. When I apply it, it's definitely not a Coffee SN, much more complex.

To me, this is what a scent of Bah + Humbug in the same bottle would smell like; the coffee from Bah, the vanilla licorice from Humbug. As it dries there is definitely an element of "tropical flowers" in it like the first review says. Plumeria? Very Hawaiian to me... This scent is almost like how the air in Hawaii smells sitting amidst Pumeria trees, sipping Kona Coffee.

It's nice to be reminded of the time I spent in Hawaii :)

Sniffing the bottle, there is no doubt that this has a creamy coffee note in it. It does smell very reminiscent of Egg Nog Latte when sniffing just the bottle.

On my skin, it's still a creamy coffee note while wet. On the drydown, I am getting a floral note as well, but my skin is mainly throwing off coffee and vanilla notes, not really much of the floral.

If you're a fan of coffee scents, this is worth trying. I'm glad I purchased a bottle.

This smells like dark strong thick spicy coffee (reminds me of miskatonic only much stronger and spicier) with some cream in the background. Dry there is also a slight floral note.

PPEL6 - This is the scent of bitter coffee grounds spread across the floor of a dark, heavy, green jungle. Make me think of Honduras, Costa Rica, or some other Central American coffee-growing region. I don't smell florals, but I do get a heavy green tropical feel behind the coffee grounds.

If there is coffee in here, it is utterly drowned in some obnoxious tropical flowers. Honestly, on wet, it does smell obnoxiously floral, with a sharp white shriek to it type. As it dries, and into the drydown, the florals fade and a get maybe a hint of coffee. Maybe.

This is a tropical jungle, and if there is a coffee plantation out there, it's either miles away or *I* can't smell it.

This goes on smelling like bitter, sour black coffee and a hint of dry spiciness. It dries down to soapy, sharp florals and a hint of bitter black coffee on me. The husband told me that it smelled like burnt coffee and soap. I only had a tiny drop of this to test, but I think that'll be enough for me, lol.

The coffee is beautiful, but it quickly goes down to straight floral. Kind of soapy. If you love coffee but don't love floral coffee, you may want to skip this :cry2:

However, be patient...after about 20 mins, the floral soap fades and it's straight up ground coffee with a touch of creamer... :joy:

Edited by Andrea912

Sniffing from the vial I think I can maybe just catch the coffee everyone talks about in here, but mostly this is super stanky perfume smell. Heavy florals, thick and damp, maybe a touch of something green, but mostly smells heavy and perfumey like cheap makeup.