Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Teggy

Champagne and Cigars

In the bottle: Very fizzy smelling. I'm just waiting for the bubbles to hit my nose.

On: I'm not getting any tobacco (that I can tell)

All champagne and bubbly smelling.

I'm almost certain this shares a common note that is in Te Po. Another scent I love.

So glad I get to try this!

In the bottle this smells like fancy ginger ale, or maybe sparkling apple cider. Its amazing how Beth gets things to smell so fizzy.

This stays pretty true over time. I don't get much tobacco at all, just a little bit in the background when I sniff my wrist up close. The throw is all champagne. It's pretty much exactly what I expected, and therefore I am very pleased!

edit: unfortunately, my husband doesn't like it so much. Oh well.

Edited by iiinterstate

I thought for sure when this came out I would absolutely love it. You say tobacco and I am there. Normally. Anyway, this starts off heavy with the champagne, and it’s a pretty realistic champagne scent there too. Not getting much tobacco, but this is nice. Lighter than I expected by far.

After it’s been on a few minutes, it actually reminds me of some of the winter scents. There’s a water note that reminds me of the slush in Talvikuu, Snow Moon or maybe even Snow Bunny. At this stage I would not think champagne at all and certainly not tobacco. I’m not sure how exactly to describe this, except fruity, watery, a touch of spice…the spice reminds of how the spice note comes out in Skadi.

I totally did not expect this scent to go in this direction. Crazy.

Now the scent is deepening and this may be the tobacco finally making itself known. This is actually quite gorgeous. This is getting much sexier. There’s still the brightness of the champagne scent there, but there’s a dark musky scent that makes me go YUM!

Now, after about 45 minutes, the tobacco is the leader in this scent. Gorgeous & rich with a brightness the champagne brings. Lovely!

Wow - truth in advertising!

This was very fizzy, and had amazing stamina - this lasted for HOURS. Underneath the fizzy champagne was a high-quality cigar - not a hooch cigar that is made of fail and gross, but a beautiful cigar that is enjoyed with expensive scotch in a beautiful room with windows overlooking an evening city skyline.

I am so glad I got to test this :)

Champagne and Cigars was the one I expected to like least, but it's really good! The champagne is there--almost more of a ginger ale than champagne in this one. The 'cigar' makes this masculine and less sharp. It's cozier than the others, warm and happy.

Champagne & Cigars – I have not yet encountered a single BPAL champagne scent I didn’t positively adore, but this is by far one of the best. It’s the scent of fizzy, dry champagne blended with the wonderfully warm tobacco-and-smoke scent of celebratory cigars. It’s a scent I see as highly gender-neutral because the smoke and tobacco balance out the sweetness of the bubbly. I don’t know what else I can say about this without sounding like a raving lunatic because it’s just awesome awesome awesome!!!

i get mostly fizzy, nose-tickling champagne from this one, and not much else! it's pleasantly sweet and sparkly, but i was hoping for more of the tobacco note i love so much.

So sad! Not sure what is wrong with my nose, but I don't get any tickling, only assaulted by a very soap-smelling non-scent. I can tell the cigars are hiding under there, although I agree with porcelina that it's not the rich tobacco-y smoke I've loved in other blends, like Mme. Moriarty or Pinched. The overall effect is gross soap, though. This is total fail and heartbreak on me.

ETA: ok, tried again, and there was brief, sweet effervescence... for like a minute, until gross-soap came back. Dang chemistry!

Edited by Pika

This is really fizzy wet; as it dries down the smoky-sweet cigar smoke note starts to come through the dry champagne. The cigar smoke in this one is like that in Havana, not overly manly or eau du fireplace. It's dead on and really evocative, but I'd personally rather have it as an atmo spray than a perfume.

Edited by Invidiana