Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Tigrrrlily

Spawn of the She-Demon

Diabolical red and black musk with rooibos and mango tea.

Musky mangos! At the beginning, the black musk was all I could smell, but as it dried the mango has come out to play.

It's a musky/mango blend. The rooibos adds some additional fruity teaness to this.

This is like Corazon but without the sage, which ruined Corazon for me!

I really love this blend, initially I don't get any musk. I find a lot of BPAL black tea notes are black tea with milk, but I personally take all my tea clear, so I really like the rooibos note in this. It is black and bitter and rich, and balances well with the fruity sweetness of the mango. After a couple of hours of dry down the musk comes out, reminds me of the Chinese musk in Wood, Water, and Fire Phoenix.

First of all, I concur with others that the bottle label is adorable and looks exactly like Lilith!! Cuuuuute!

So, I don't think I am normally a musk person as I didn't like Smut at all. This blend started out very strange. I definitely get something slightly fruity, but with a strong smell of tea. Musk? Are you there?

Later something sharp and new came up. Is that the musk? Still getting the tea, but the fruit is definitely gone. This is a perfect blend for tea lovers!!

This scent is so different than others I have tried before. Not sure if it is going to be in the definite favorite category, but it is definitely intriguing and I would encourage everyone to try this one at least once before making any judgements.

On me this smells somewhere halfway between Lunar Eclipse, Mme. Moriarty, and Melainis. I feel like I'm getting a shot of vetiver in there along with the bitter tea, bright mango, and musks. This is quite nice, and I'm ecstatic that I got to smell it. The bottle art is completely awesome, too, by the way!

edited cuz I misspelled art as "are"....yeeaaaahhh.

Edited by OneTheyCallLuna

I really don't know what to expect from this blend - I LOVE rooibos and mango, and generally don't handle musks well. I think the only musky scent that I liked enough to get a bottle of was Smut. That said, this oil is VERY dark, so I know there's going to be at least some musk in there.

In the vial, the oil smells sweet and there's very little musk. Once applied, it is surprisingly faint on my skin, which makes it very hard to describe. There's definitely a lot of musk now, and while that sweet smell from the vial is still there, it's way in the background. I'll let it hang out on my skin for a while and see if I can't get a better read on it.

Huge huge huge thanks to dpoulsen21 who so generously gifted me this amazing decant from my WL! :wub:

In the vial: Murky smelling, not at all like mango or rooibus tea. But still intriguing. Slightly reminiscent of patchouli leaf, but since that's not listed, I'll guess that it's my nose's interpretation of the red and black musk.

Wet: Still smelling mainly musk, but a hint of the tea comes through now.

Drydown: Ooh, a bit more tea! And a whiff of something lighter-- I'm guessing it's the mango even though it's not a well-defined mango to my nose.

Verdict: This is a really pleasant and easy-going scent; but it doesn't scream, "BUY ME! HUNT ME DOWN!" Guess I'm a little disappointed as I had hoped it would be a stronger smelling blend, in general. Still, I am incredibly grateful for the chance to sniff and try it and will probably keep my precious decant in hopes that I'll eventually get more mango or tea from it (say on a different day or in a scent locket).

Bottle: Alfalfa sprouts? :blink:

Wet: The musks really come out and dominate the scent. Red and black musk are both pretty strong on my skin and the drydown is a bit of a struggle between them for dominance. I can smell the mango underneath but none of the rooibos.

Dry: Wow. The red musk and black musk sort of blend together in this perfect, slightly sultry union and the mango and rooibos keep this from getting too overbearing. It's very warm, skin close and very, very sexy. The musks are amazing and black musk has learned to behave itself. Very simple, interesting ingredients but they work together perfectly.

Throw: Close to the skin.

Overall: I really like this. I think it's a bit too much for the current summer season but I can't wait to see what it will smell like after a few months of aging. Plus the lable art is super cute.

What a let down this one was :( I was sure I was in for a fantastic musk paradise. Instead I got a dirty, sweaty smelling scent that just smelled bad on me. Darn skin chemistry :( It's not good when your husband hugs you and then gently suggests you may need to shower this one off...

this smells like a clearer, brighter, less smutty smut. it's got tons of red musk but is lighter and fruiter. not quite as dark. i normally don't like super-fruity scents, but there is enough tea and musk in here to temper the mango to where to doesn't get to sweet or cloying.

I am in love with this!!! :wub:

Just seeing red musk in the list made me go hunt it down. And I'm glad I did, because it's perfect for summer!

All of red musk blends on my skin remind me of Mme Moriarty, but instead of deep, dark plum, there's a load of fresh mango. I knew this would be win for me, as I love how red and black musk turn out on my skin and I had a pretty good idea of how that would be combined with mango and roiboos. It turned out to be better than I imagined, it is in the same scent family as Mme, but lighter, fresh and perfect for summer heat!

And I'm still surprised that it stays fruity the whole time, I would have thought that the musks would take over.

Edited by milica

I bought this back when I was unable to resist anything with red musk in it and basically bought everything red-musky. Fast-forward to a couple of years later, and these days I honestly have to be careful how often I wear red musk blends or I'm going to get burned out on it. I'm a lot more picky about these now.

But! Red musk + fruit is one of my favorite combinations. Sweet fruits with it give the musk a playful quality that I don't really get from it when there's no fruit note in the blend. I like this mango in this, but I like strawberry better (e.g., in Mania and Hollywood Babylon), and I'm not sure the tea note in this is my favorite.

So, although I like this, I'm going to let it go. *sigh* It's pretty, but I like others better.

ITB: Very floral rooibos tea and red musk come to mind after first sniff.

Wet: light, scented tea and very faint red musk. It's beautiful and soothing.

Dry: I can pick up both kinds of musk along with sightly sweetened rooibos tea. This is a keeper.