Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Blue lilac, lily of the valley, golden musk, beeswax, white ginger, bergamot, green tea, and nectarine.

Lily of the Valley is a nemesis on me, thank goodness I get none of it here because otherwise this beautiful scent would be ruined.

I don't know fully how to describe it. But I went over the description of what I think it's like in my head over and over and I feel confident enough to say that on me it really does dry down to smelling like some very Victorian, very beautiful body powder. Like a really subtle vanilla and lilac body powder. It smells like skin, but in the most naturally pretty way possible and now I keep thinking that might be because of the beeswax.

In short. I adore it and I want a bottle.

Expectation: Golden Citrusy Lilac

Wet: This is striking. Generally speaking, it's a lighter floral/floriental, but there's something about it that's utterly unique. Yeah, just striking.

Drydown: Distinctively blue lilac, over sweet citrus and fizzy ginger. It’s bright and happy, yet fancy at the same time. It becomes a bit headier as it dries, with the lily coming in to partner up with the lilac. Girlish, yet sophisticated.

Dry: The florals have become creamy and spiced, and at last the beeswax has come to the forefront to really smooth over the edges of the citrus notes. It smells clean, yet contains many layers. It’s utterly feminine without being too floral or too sweet or too anything at all. Well-blended and not too much of a throw. As someone who is very picky about florals, I have to give this blend major props staying pleasant to my nose throughout all of its phases.

8 out of 10 bones

Lilac and lily, with a pop of nectarine sweetness. The citrus quickly fades, and it's strictly florals for a bit. The green tea appears next, and the beeswax smooths all the notes together. No ginger or bergamot for me. I'm beginning to think I'm just not a lilac lover. It always feels too mature and staid for me. Off to swaps.

The decant is not labeled with the year, but I am thinking this was likely from the original CD release.

In the decant: Blue lilac and lily of the valley sweetened by the nectarine and backed by the golden musk and green tea.

Wet: The floral notes are the most prominent notes, slightly sweetened by the nectarine (it was stronger in the vial than it is on my skin), and backed by the green tea. As it sits on my skin, the nectarine becomes a little stronger, and the bergamot emerges, making this more of a fruity floral. I’m also getting the musk as the scent dries down.

Dry: The blue lilac is the dominant note, followed by the nectarine and the bergamot, and then the lily. I do get a bit of the beeswax during this phase of the scent, but it’s really just a touch, and these notes are backed by the golden musk and white ginger.

Verdict: This is nice. It’s not something I feel the need to grab a bottle of, but I would like to find a decant from the re-release and see what it smells like fresh. :)

*edit* I ended up trying a decant from 2019 to compare it with the other one I tried. I tested them side by side. The aged one is more of a musky floral with a bit of white ginger, while the fresh scent is much brighter, starting off with the green tea, nectarine, and bergamot, which are joined by the white ginger note from Kumiho and Baobhan Sith. These notes are backed by the florals and musk, which become more prominent with wear. Eventually, they join the nectarine, and it's a fruity floral scent. I don't get beeswax from either decant during the side by side test. I think this one is better fresh than aged.

Edited by doomsday_disco