Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Come to Me

A phenomenally powerful attractant. Sexual and commanding in the extreme.

In the imp: I get rather a lot of bergamot with some other muddled notes, including something herbal or otherwise grounding, behind it. 

On my skin:

Wet, it's much the same as in the imp, with just a hint of something astringent that may well evaporate off by the time it's dry. As it dries, the bergamot smell recedes and is replaced by roses. It's a thicker rose scent rather than a thinner one, and it's just a tiny bit powdery, suggesting to me that this rose might be backed by amber or black musk. (And black musk, which sometimes has a hint of lemon on me, might explain why I interpreted a citrus scent in the imp.) That said, once it has time to warm and develop on my skin, the bergamot note returns -- in addition to the rose and the musk, not instead of it -- so maybe I was reading it earlier because it was there earlier. 

On me, this ends up being a rose with a fair amount of depth. The citrus compliments it nicely as a top note, and the musk adds some grounding and depth without being obtrusive or overly noticeable in itself. If I was still looking for a rose blend like this, I'd probably be inclined toward keeping this or at least testing it further. That said, I already have other BPAL roses that fit this profile and that work a little better for my scent preferences -- so this seems to be a blend I have the luxury of passing on. 

Clean and fresh and slightly herby and soapy and I don't really like it.

Bergamot needs something muskier or smokier to contrast its shine.

I'll be passing this imp on to someone else!

Edited by skyturtles