Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
heartbeast

Blue Moon 2004

... Mugwort and bay, for psychic sensitivity… Juniper, for divination through dreams… Orchid and galbanum, for complexity, wisdom and noscere… with a potent lunar-charged blend of poppy, calamus, orris, wood aloes, moonflower, cucumber, and pale creeping buttercup.

I had no preconceived ideas as to what this would smell like, as I am not familiar enough with the ingredients. In the bottle it's quite floral with a medicine edge. At least one of those flowers smells a lot like violets, only less purple, if that makes sense. I don't think this one quite works, light, sensitive floral with weird medicinal herb scent edging it is just not that appealing, especially with so ,any other florals the lab does so well.

:P Thanks to a wonderful swapper, I am finally able to review this perfume :D :

Wet in Sniffie: Clean Herbal Scent

wet on skin: cucumber, herbs, and an underlying medicinal smell.

Drydown: I smell like fresh cucumber. Not a particular favorite of mine but I now see why others would like this scent. It's very soothing.

Wet in the bottle and on my skin: Fresh-cut cucumber!

10mins on: cucumber and fresh, very green herbs

Dry down: Is it a hint of orchid?

This is a fresh, aquatic-like scent that is very pleasant. Soft and shimmery and translucent. Watery and cool but not snow-like.

I'm not too fond of the cucumber stage but it's never offending and it's over pretty soon. Then I'm left with an ethereal aura.

This is a very very good choice for the hot months ahead and the drydown is really really nice.

I can see why people love it to bits. It really is unique.

Side note: It's amazing how this 5yo bottle still smells so incredible. The person I bought this from must be storing her bpal with tender loving care and I will do too!

Blue Moon 2004 was my first Lab Lunacy, and I didn't buy it. I don't think I understood the whole Lunacy thing, and the oils were only up for 12 hours and it was just a lot of work for me at the time. Anyway, when I realized what I was missing, I managed to get a bottle from a kind forumite, and it may have been my best secondhand BPAL purchase ever. I love Blue Moon. It's floral and watery and cucumbery, and really not my style at all but it's so. beautiful. It's softly sweet and almost minty in its cool wateriness. I don't wear it often, but I love to sniff it every now and again. It smells quiet and tranquil.