Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
fatalbellydance

Hunting for the ultimate _____ blend

I want some MORE CARAMEL... I've got and love my Red Lantern, what else should I look for? Is the Salon scent (arrival at the sabbath and homage to the devil) very caramel-y?

Chiming in to say yes - Arrival at the Sabbath is a darkly delicious caramel scent. I actually don't like overly foody, overly sugar-sweet blends, but this one is such an evil, sophisticated caramel, that I can't help but enjoy it. :D

I'll also second the recs for Tiresias (another elegant caramel creation), and Sugar Skull (heavy caramel/burnt sugar with a hint of florals).

Drink Me and Grog are more butter toffee than caramel, but worth checking out.

Gluttony has caramel in it, but it was also heavy on the hazelnut when I tried it - intensely foody.

MB: Ventriloquist Dummy is like caramel-smeared wood.

Creepy (strong caramel-apple-coconut) and Midway (pink, watery, soft caramel on me) are harder to find, but would likely be right up your alley. :P

If you can find it, you need to try Asphodel. On me, it's pretty much ALL lilac, and it's gorgeous. Unfortunately, it was recently discontinued. I'm still kicking myself for not picking up a bottle...

Good call! Asphodel is the best true lilac I have smelled, but unfortunately it went too soapy on me. :D

I'm looking for any scents that are the epitome of their category. Like the MOST rose-y, the MOST caramel-y, the MOST yougettheidea... I didn't like O or Snake Oil, too dark and almost choky, if that helps. :3

I can't help you with vanilla or foody stuff (they hate me), but *I* think the ultimate rosy-rose is Peacock Queen 2007. It's the purest of them all! I want a honey epitome!

All right ladies and gents--I've probably got enough perfume to last me until I'm dead but I'd like to be the crazy aunt who has everyone squabbling over her perfume collection. I'm in a honeysuckle cycle. I've tried:

Long Night Moon: Turned cheap aquatic on me. I tend to avoid lunacies when I'm looking for specific scents because I often find that I can't pick out single scents but instead get a general mood or evocation.

Lolita: Very sexy but can turn dusty lemon verbena at points in the month.

Twilight: Love of my life. The lavender is smooth and mature and the jasmine and honeysuckle are a to die for combo. I'm trying to be a good girl and seek it out on the forums before ordering from the lab and of course adding a few more bottles on to make shipping worth it. It's a struggle, though.

Chimera: I thnk it's the copal that makes this so addictive. A gorgeous, thick, resinous beautiful scent that isn't too heavy for summer.

Eos: I have to be in a mood for the butter quality of this. Very sultry and feminine. The skin musk in this is so gorgeous and so borderline inappropriate for day-to-day moments in my life.

Hermia: This is all sweet pink pepper on me. Has a very impressive amount of throw.

Litha: A coy version of Eos. Still very sexual to my senses, but has less of that post coital sweaty skin quality and more of a come hither quality.

Vampire Tears: A sweet, slightly buttery green scent. Like Eos, I need to be in the mood for the butter.

New Orleans: A flighty younger sister to Twilight. I am a sucker for jasmine-honeysuckle combos.

So, yes, I've tried the majority of the GC honeysuckles. But I was perusing the ones I found on the search engine and want to see if it's worth seeking out some of the LEs. Anyone have experience with the LEs and the GCs and know if there are any that I would (most likely, no pressure or anything, guys :P ) like?

It sounds like other than jasmine not hating you, we have very very similar skin chemistry (have I found a skin chem twin?!?), because that's how those all went on me (minus jasmine), though I differ a bit in taste.

Chiroptera - was way herbal, not very floral - could barely detect the honeysuckle

The Ecstasy of True Love - strong awesome honeysuckle at first, but faded rapidly and turned into patchouli-frankencense

Euterpe - was so dusty-powdery in the imp I didn't test on my skin, but sniffed I did not detect any honeysuckle

Her Voice - honeysuckle totally overpowered by other notes

Hony Mone - very faint honeysuckle, but I expect you would love this if jasmine behaves on you and liked Litha

Pollution - not listed, but the davana has a strong honeysuckle type feel to me, this is a bit sharp of a blend though - verging on masculine

Virgo 2007 - goes through some horrible sharp astringent stages but the drydown is a soft green honeysuckle, so if you can handle the earlier stages, def worth trying

Juliet (GC) - gorgeous honeysuckle note in this, though it's not super distinct, but merged very harmoniously with the other sweet and floral notes - but stays true, does not fade!

Squirting Cucumber (GC) - I get a lovely honeysuckle note here, complemented by mild honeydew and cucumber - very fresh, and the honeysuckles is never overpowered - probably my fave HS blend!

Sundew (GC) - I get a bit of light honeysuckle in this, a nice bright-creamy floral blend, light and feminine

Beltane 2006 - I totally get honeysuckle from it, though it's such a complex blend that it doesn't MAJORLY stand out, despite being distinct

Chuparosa (GC) - definitely has some honeysuckle, but also jasmine and cinnamon, so bad for me, but probably good for you if you liked Eos and Chimera

Shanghai (GC) - there is honeysuckle in this? REALLY? where (extremely faint)??? also, horrible lasting power. so sad!

Oooh, thanks ivyandpeony and fairynymph! Those are good recs--and I'm glad to see that there is a lot more easily-accessible GC honeysuckle than I thought. And I am definitely going to keep an eye out for Hony Mone.

If white rose goes sour on you, fairynymph, we may have found our scent twins.

Resurrecting to ask for a bit difficult-to-browse combinations:

1)Rose/Lavender? I ordered (not yet shipped)King of Hearts imp with "spark of lavender" but there seems to be a lot more going on in that blend. Misericordia claims "rose otto", whatever it is, and I'm not sure how prominent the notes are in it.

2)White floral/Herbal? With prominent herbs?

3)Incense/resin +spices? Just not a lot of frankincense, please, Nephilim really doesn't work on me. (For reference, one of my favorite non-BPALs is myrrh+copaiba+black pepper, but I'm not looking for duplicate, just something along those lines.)

4)Sweeter tobacco blend - along the lines of amber, honey or vanilla, not woods/herbs/incense or sharp spices.

Resurrecting to ask for a bit difficult-to-browse combinations:

1)Rose/Lavender? I ordered (not yet shipped)King of Hearts imp with "spark of lavender" but there seems to be a lot more going on in that blend. Misericordia claims "rose otto", whatever it is, and I'm not sure how prominent the notes are in it.

2)White floral/Herbal? With prominent herbs?

3)Incense/resin +spices? Just not a lot of frankincense, please, Nephilim really doesn't work on me. (For reference, one of my favorite non-BPALs is myrrh+copaiba+black pepper, but I'm not looking for duplicate, just something along those lines.)

4)Sweeter tobacco blend - along the lines of amber, honey or vanilla, not woods/herbs/incense or sharp spices.

I will stick to the GC, but let me know if you want LE recs too!

1) maybe try Ode on Melancholy Lavender and wisteria, heart-wrenching pale rose, desolate white sandalwood and thin, tear-streaked white musk. Or maybe Pontarlier Swiss ferns, lilac, blackcurrant, Gallic rose and lavender with a dollop of sugar and absinthe.

2) I can't help there, sorry! Though if there is a specific herb you're looking for I may be able to turn something up?

3) Priala, the Human Phoenix from the Carnaval immediately came to mind, gorgeous Myrrh and spice! Three deep, dark myrrhs, smoke, cassia, and cinnamon bark. Maybe Blood as well? Essence of dragon's blood resin, thickened with myrrh and cherry, with a trickle of clove

4) I love Tobacco. Some sweeter faves are: Santo Domingo tobacco leaf, bay rum and heady Caribbean blossoms. Le Lèthè Red musk and sweat-damp golden skin musk with labdanum, golden amber, nutmeg, tobacco absolute, black orchid, and hemlock accord.

Elegba coconut, tobacco and sweet, sugared rum. and don't let the woods scare you from trying The Antikythera Mechanism if you haven't, on me it's vanilla tobacco heaven and I love it. Teakwood, oak, black vanilla, and tobacco.

Hope you find what you're looking for!

@LizziesLuck Thank you! I'll take LE recs as well, maybe there are some bottles remaining on Etsy. I think already had Priala in mind but was worried about vetiver making it woody, and I considered Antikythera anyway, though it's a relief to hear the woods aren't strong. (I'm not a woods hater, but I'm perpetually worried they'll go too masculine on me.)

I think I passed over Ode on Melancholy when browsing by myself because I'm not a fan of "clean" white musk and Blood because I have no idea about what "dragon's blood resin" smells like, but regular dragon's blood note is amped sweet white floral on me.

As for specific herb, not really, sorry. The example I own and that inspired me to look for more doesn't actually contain herbs but produces an effect of mint and mothballs somehow (thanks to styrax+clove?). But again, I'm not looking for a double. I guess something like mint or tea or ivy or nettle or sage or chamomile or even galbanum might work? Though I know the combination is rather unlikely because "herbal" perfume isn't that popular to begin with and who wants to drown their flowers in stinky medicine anyway except weirdos like me.

Thanks again!

ETA: By the way, how boozy is rum in Elegba and Santo Domingo? I know I had issues with Lab's wine and other places' vodka.

Edited by Convallaria

Have you thought of The Apothecary? Tea leaf with three mosses, green grass, a medley of herbal notes, and a drop of ginger and fig

I really struggle to describe Dragon's Blood - it's sweet and spicy and heady....I thought I hated it until I tried the Lab's DB note. I don't LOVE it, but it's not a deal breaker for me any more. It can sometimes read as floral though, for sure, but I like florals.

I didn't find Prialla woody at all, but of course it'll be different on everyone's skin. The vetiver provided more of a smoky effect on me.

Antikythera does hover on the edge of masculine for me - sort of unisex, but it's so good I don't care. If you're not afraid to hunt down LE's on the forum, and you're a Tobacco lover, try to get your paws on some French Tobacco Single Note - best sweet caramelized tobacco note EVER, IMHO.

Elegba is pretty boozey. I can't do wine notes, but the Lab's rum note is amazing on my skin, it's almost like caramel. So good. Santa Domingo is a bit boozey, but more tobacco and sweet tropical blooms on me.

If you're up for digging through LE's to find combos of notes you like, maybe you would like your very own Blank BPAL Spreadsheet of Doom, to keep updated, and make notes on, and generally obsess over (oh wait, maybe that's just me...)

Happy Sniffing!

1.) Honey-Sugary-Creamy-Sweet Springtime Florals
So i really *really* want to track down as many honeyed/sugared/creamy/sweet florals that don't have a "citrus", "orange", "dark resiny", "spicy" or "herbal" (and definitely no earthy/dirt) component. I'm after the perfect/ultimate honeyed/sugar/sweet floral! I've sniffed a candy-like floral which I really enjoyed because it smelt like a fruit floral (Katharina)- and ended up not like a candy as described often in the reviews. It also contained orange blossoms which only worries me if it is strong enough for me to detect the orange (rather than the generic cotton candy sweetness I love about it). That's the extent of the "fruity" I want my florals to be! I draw my "spicy" floral limit to "Alice" and I strongly prefer the kind of honeyed floral vibe I get from "Blossoms in Springtime", or the sugary incense from the original "Midnight on the Midway"... or even the sugary ethereal sweet florals that I get from "fairy market".

But anything else sugary- whether it be honey, sweet musk, vanilla/cream/milky etc ...

2.) My perfect Strawberry scent.

There is a huge gap and a lot of strawberries that came in. I don't like the kind that are "distorted" or "corrupted" by sharp, dark scents unless it lends to a deeper, richer, sweeter result (like bourbon vanilla, sweet musk, etc). I already own quite a bit from the new Lupercalia's just passed- but I know there's more out there, particularly between the years of my absence (2009-2015)! I don't like any from the GC catalogue and my interests tend to veer more towards the LE offerings.

Maybe some suggestions to help me restructure or refocus my wishlist to increase the chances of more 'omg yay' and less 'oh no'? ;D

So i really *really* want to track down as many honeyed/sugared/creamy/sweet florals that don't have a "citrus", "orange", "dark resiny", "spicy" or "herbal" (and definitely no earthy/dirt) component. I'm after the perfect/ultimate honeyed/sugar/sweet floral! I've sniffed a candy-like floral which I really enjoyed because it smelt like a fruit floral (Katharina)- and ended up not like a candy as described often in the reviews. It also contained orange blossoms which only worries me if it is strong enough for me to detect the orange (rather than the generic cotton candy sweetness I love about it). That's the extent of the "fruity" I want my florals to be! I draw my "spicy" floral limit to "Alice" and I strongly prefer the kind of honeyed floral vibe I get from "Blossoms in Springtime", or the sugary incense from the original "Midnight on the Midway"... or even the sugary ethereal sweet florals that I get from "fairy market".

But anything else sugary- whether it be honey, sweet musk, vanilla/cream/milky etc ...

There is a huge gap and a lot of strawberries that came in. I don't like the kind that are "distorted" or "corrupted" by sharp, dark scents unless it lends to a deeper, richer, sweeter result (like bourbon vanilla, sweet musk, etc). I already own quite a bit from the new Lupercalia's just passed- but I know there's more out there, particularly between the years of my absence (2009-2015)! I don't like any from the GC catalogue and my interests tend to veer more towards the LE offerings.

Maybe some suggestions to help me restructure or refocus my wishlist to increase the chances of more 'omg yay' and less 'oh no'? ;D

Big sugary floral lover here! Have you tried Venus Verticordia? Fickle dandelion florets dancing through honey-drenched wildflowers. I think it's my favourite honeyed floral ever. Or how about Peach IX Rose musk, peach blossom, and vanilla cream - it isn't listed as sugary, but I find the rose musk to be very sweet. Hard to find, but I just tried L'Estate, and OMG gorgeous sweet-amber floral! Nepalese amber, vanilla infused amber, golden musk, sandalwood, golden lily, sunflower, and honey myrtle.

I have struggled to find Strawberry scents I could wear, but what has worked for me is Strawberry Moon 2009 Wild strawberries, strawberry flower, vanilla-infused sugar, early summer grasses, and milky dandelion sap. and also Love, which mixes the sugary floral element in too! Marshmallows and rose sugar with whipped vanilla cream and a hint of strawberry. And if you can find it, my ultimate strawberry is Velvet Pink Kitty Pink rock candy, strawberry cream, and splashes of gin, vermouth, and grenadine.

Big sugary floral lover here! Have you tried Venus Verticordia? Fickle dandelion florets dancing through honey-drenched wildflowers. I think it's my favourite honeyed floral ever. Or how about Peach IX Rose musk, peach blossom, and vanilla cream - it isn't listed as sugary, but I find the rose musk to be very sweet. Hard to find, but I just tried L'Estate, and OMG gorgeous sweet-amber floral! Nepalese amber, vanilla infused amber, golden musk, sandalwood, golden lily, sunflower, and honey myrtle.

I have struggled to find Strawberry scents I could wear, but what has worked for me is Strawberry Moon 2009 Wild strawberries, strawberry flower, vanilla-infused sugar, early summer grasses, and milky dandelion sap. and also Love, which mixes the sugary floral element in too! Marshmallows and rose sugar with whipped vanilla cream and a hint of strawberry. And if you can find it, my ultimate strawberry is Velvet Pink Kitty Pink rock candy, strawberry cream, and splashes of gin, vermouth, and grenadine.

Oh Venus Verticordia sounds AMAZING! And Peach IX has popped up several times so maybe i'll get that too! I actually have an empty bottle of L'Estate which I acquired some time during 2008 and I'm actively seeking to track it down!

I've come across several strawberry moons and while I really like them, I get told the grass note (the fresh part) is supposed to cut through the sweetness of the strawberry- but I'm not even sure if I want any green in my strawberry! haha What does Velvet Pink Kitty smell like to you? Is it boozy because of the alcomaholic notes?

<snip>

Oh Venus Verticordia sounds AMAZING! And Peach IX has popped up several times so maybe i'll get that too! I actually have an empty bottle of L'Estate which I acquired some time during 2008 and I'm actively seeking to track it down!

I've come across several strawberry moons and while I really like them, I get told the grass note (the fresh part) is supposed to cut through the sweetness of the strawberry- but I'm not even sure if I want any green in my strawberry! haha What does Velvet Pink Kitty smell like to you? Is it boozy because of the alcomaholic notes?

I love the grass note - I actually purchased Grass Stain SN with the thought of layering it with Strawberry Moon and several others to bring out the grass a bit more - I find the grass note burns off on me after a while with Strawberry Moon 09 and I'm just left with strawberry.

Ah, Velvet Pink Kitty! This was such a surprise love for me! It's like what I wanted Bon Vivant to be. It's fizzy! The dry gin cuts the sweetness of the strawberry and grenadine. I don't find it horribly boozey, but sweet and fizzy and awesome. But I love fizzy, the lab's champagne note is a favourite of mine.

I love the grass note - I actually purchased Grass Stain SN with the thought of layering it with Strawberry Moon and several others to bring out the grass a bit more - I find the grass note burns off on me after a while with Strawberry Moon 09 and I'm just left with strawberry.

Ah, Velvet Pink Kitty! This was such a surprise love for me! It's like what I wanted Bon Vivant to be. It's fizzy! The dry gin cuts the sweetness of the strawberry and grenadine. I don't find it horribly boozey, but sweet and fizzy and awesome. But I love fizzy, the lab's champagne note is a favourite of mine.

aha! I think my favourite strawberry note thusfar is the one in strawberry sufganiyot and the instructional manual. I gather the strawberry in strawberry moon 09 is more in its natural habitat maybe? like in a strawberry patch of its own? Would that be right in thinking this is the case?

I actually don't really thing I liked bon vivant because of the fizziness! (though it could have been the fact it was crystalline and not as sugary nom nom as i'd personally favour). I love your suggestions though, so maybe it'll turn out a surprise for me too? Though i imagine the velvet series go for quite a price.

aha! I think my favourite strawberry note thusfar is the one in strawberry sufganiyot and the instructional manual. I gather the strawberry in strawberry moon 09 is more in its natural habitat maybe? like in a strawberry patch of its own? Would that be right in thinking this is the case?

I actually don't really thing I liked bon vivant because of the fizziness! (though it could have been the fact it was crystalline and not as sugary nom nom as i'd personally favour). I love your suggestions though, so maybe it'll turn out a surprise for me too? Though i imagine the velvet series go for quite a price.

Yes, that's exactly it - the strawberry in Strawberry Moon is really realistic to me, not a candy Strawberry note - but that just reminded me of one that has a really good strawberry candy note, if that's what you're wanting Sticky Eyeballs and Floppy Entrails Sticky white glops of marshmallow and clotted cream with ropes of sinewy strawberry licorice whips and oozing pink jelly. this was mostly strawberry candy on me, maybe that's more what you're looking for?

I was lucky enough to swap for my bottle of Velvet Pink Kitty - it wasn't on my radar even, but a certain lovely lady knew I would like it, and she was right! I imagine if you did get some, it would not be hard to rehome if it didn't work out, but it may indeed be quite pricey.

Yes, that's exactly it - the strawberry in Strawberry Moon is really realistic to me, not a candy Strawberry note - but that just reminded me of one that has a really good strawberry candy note, if that's what you're wanting Sticky Eyeballs and Floppy Entrails Sticky white glops of marshmallow and clotted cream with ropes of sinewy strawberry licorice whips and oozing pink jelly. this was mostly strawberry candy on me, maybe that's more what you're looking for?

I was lucky enough to swap for my bottle of Velvet Pink Kitty - it wasn't on my radar even, but a certain lovely lady knew I would like it, and she was right! I imagine if you did get some, it would not be hard to rehome if it didn't work out, but it may indeed be quite pricey.

I have battle fairy which also compared with sticky eyeballs but I didn't want both...but I guess I like the kind of real and fresh strawberry you get at a first harvest auction..The kind that smell almost candy like... And so fragrant, even inches away. So realistic and fresh, but juicy and ripe...And in a punnet rather than a strawberry patch of green. That's what I'm trying to track down! Haha

I was going to suggest Jezebel when I saw honeyed florals, but that has a lot of orange in it (to the point where it smells like sweet floral orange juice in the imp). You might want to track down decants of Hope and Faith if you can find them - sugared rose and sugared violet. Also Muse of Fire, one of the past couple of years' Liliths, which is "rainbow flower petals and sugar."

Blossoms in Springtime confirmed me as a lotus fan, so I'm currently on the lookout for scents with lotus that don't feature any of my hated notes. Most of the GC blends tend to pair it with things I don't like.

I was going to suggest Jezebel when I saw honeyed florals, but that has a lot of orange in it (to the point where it smells like sweet floral orange juice in the imp). You might want to track down decants of Hope and Faith if you can find them - sugared rose and sugared violet. Also Muse of Fire, one of the past couple of years' Liliths, which is "rainbow flower petals and sugar."

Blossoms in Springtime confirmed me as a lotus fan, so I'm currently on the lookout for scents with lotus that don't feature any of my hated notes. Most of the GC blends tend to pair it with things I don't like.

I have a set of the twins before the carnival went dark, gifted by my twin years back . I do have them down for back ups too though because Faith is just so lovely. Funnily enough, I also have muse of fire thanks to some easier recommendations. And you're right, Jezebel is not my kind of scent , unfortunately... But everything else was a bottle worthy win! Though none had the same honey quality I got from blossoms in springtime which I'm currently obsessing over.

Edited by celestia

I have a set of the twins before the carnival went dark, gifted by my twin years back . I do have them down for back ups too though because Faith is just so lovely. Finally enough I also have muse of fire thanks to some easier recommendations. And you're right, Jezebel is not my kind of scent , unfortunately... But everything else was a bottle worthy win! Though none had the same honey quality I got from blossoms in springtime which I'm currently obsessing over.

Blossoms in Springtime is amazing. My initial Lupers vanilla cream pick was Volcano in Springtime, which turned out to have a laundry/linen note I wasn't a fan of. So I made a last-minute purchase of Blossoms and it's the sweet, slightly fruity vanilla cream of my dreams.

My current vanilla/cream list in order of wonderfullness is:

Stale Sugar-Crusted Marshmallow Chick

Giljagaur

Blossoms in Springtime

~*~Stekkjarstaur~*~

Blossoms in Springtime is amazing. My initial Lupers vanilla cream pick was Volcano in Springtime, which turned out to have a laundry/linen note I wasn't a fan of. So I made a last-minute purchase of Blossoms and it's the sweet, slightly fruity vanilla cream of my dreams.

Giljagaur

Blossoms in Springtime

~*~Stekkjarstaur~*~

omg omg omg steeeeekkkkkk!! Oooh I was also considering volcano in springtime!! (i derped and read blossoms as another blossoms haha)

I was debating between stale chick and stekk and stekk won before deep down I wanted to believe I had matured... but now i wish I got it because my daughter's favourite colour is purple and the label is purple and it is *SO* her kind of scent. Though I didn't detect any florals in any reviews for stale chick- maybe ill have to track a bottle down afterall! haha

Edited by celestia

Giljagaur

Blossoms in Springtime

~*~Stekkjarstaur~*~

omg omg omg steeeeekkkkkk!! Oooh I was also considering volcano in springtime!! (i derped and read blossoms as another blossoms haha)

I was debating between stale chick and stekk and stekk won before deep down I wanted to believe I had matured... but now i wish I got it because my daughter's favourite colour is purple and the label is purple and it is *SO* her kind of scent. Though I didn't detect any florals in any reviews for stale chick- maybe ill have to track a bottle down afterall! haha

Yeah, I meant Blossoms in Springtime but was too lazy to type it out on my phone. Volcano in Springtime is more of a clean/fresh vanilla than a sweet/rich/creamy one, maybe because of the white sandalwood.

Stale Marshmallow Chick doesn't have any florals, but it's a nice creamy-vanilla marshmallow, if not quite as good as Stekk (though I maybe biased because Stekk was my wedding-night perfume).

Yeah, I meant Blossoms in Springtime but was too lazy to type it out on my phone. Volcano in Springtime is more of a clean/fresh vanilla than a sweet/rich/creamy one, maybe because of the white sandalwood.

Stale Marshmallow Chick doesn't have any florals, but it's a nice creamy-vanilla marshmallow, if not quite as good as Stekk (though I maybe biased because Stekk was my wedding-night perfume).

Did you have any list of your personal favourite for floralsl? ;D I love most of your vanilla list so I think this couldnt go wrong

Did you have any list of your personal favourite for floralsl? ;D I love most of your vanilla list so I think this couldnt go wrong

I'm wary of florals because I don't really like jasmine, and because rose is an iffy note on me (rose blends that smell good in the bottle can turn into sharp green stems or a sort of rotting flower petal smell), but some that have worked on me are:

Skuld (horrible funky wet phase, delicious honeysuckle-like drydown)

Paris (sharp, herbal lavender with sweet/crisp/juicy lotus)

The Bride (very soft, not at all the heady sweetness of Skuld despite also being white floral+ honey)

Jezebel

Blossoms in Springtime (really a vanilla scent, but the wet phase has the same yummy lotus as Paris)

Adrastea (best foodie/honeyed rose ever, like rose turkish delight combined with walking into a kosher/middle eastern bakery)

Elf from the RPG line and Tenochtitlan from Wanderlust are both fresh, clean-smelling florals (but a good "clean," not like dryer sheets or soap) - though I just checked the notes on Tenochtitlan and it's mostly herbs (sage, hyssop) and amber, with "mexican poppy" as the only floral note, it smells like a fruity floral to me.

Faiza from Carnival Diabolique was also a very nice, sweet/sophisticated white floral, but unfortunately I got a red/stinging skin reaction from the cardamom. Anathema was nice once the vetiver calmed down and stopped clashing weirdly with the honeysuckle, but that took at least an hour.

I'm hunting for the ultimate oriental rose scent. I bought La Rose Angel (just to give you guys an idea of what I mean), but it wasn't "spicy" enough. I'm thinking that my best bet would be experimenting with layering to get the kind of bold, over-the-top sort of scent that I'm looking for. I want to smell like I imagine Salome smelled before she danced the dance of the seven veils, if that helps. It needs to be spicier and earthier than La Rose Angel. Any suggestions for either one bpal that fits the description, or a layering combination that might work? I was thinking maybe Two, Five & Seven with Bengal?

I'm hunting for the ultimate oriental rose scent. I bought La Rose Angel (just to give you guys an idea of what I mean), but it wasn't "spicy" enough. I'm thinking that my best bet would be experimenting with layering to get the kind of bold, over-the-top sort of scent that I'm looking for. I want to smell like I imagine Salome smelled before she danced the dance of the seven veils, if that helps. It needs to be spicier and earthier than La Rose Angel. Any suggestions for either one bpal that fits the description, or a layering combination that might work? I was thinking maybe Two, Five & Seven with Bengal?

Cicuta, perhaps?

That's the second time that one has been suggested to me, I'm going to have to add it to tomorrow's order so that I can try it.

** It seems similar to Crucifixion. Since I'm placing my order today, I'm going to try Crucifixion first, and if it isn't the one, I'll try Cicuta next.

Edited by SunsetKay