Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
TygherRayn

Amber Bottles vs Other Colors

I just got 5mL of Desire yesterday in the amber bottle and to tell the truth, I didn't even notice that it was in an amber bottle until hours later!! :P

They are adorable, very cool looking!

My 5ml of Egyptian Amber came in the amber bottle(w/ plastic cone)..I wouldnt have it any other way, really! :D Although the penis shaped bottles would be lots of fun, I'd like a green & blue swirled glass one..that would be SO groovy! :P

Peace.

How much of a difference do amber bottles make over clear glass if you store them in boxes? They would be dark then anyway, except when pulled out to apply. I'm talking about miniature bottles, to decant into from imps or 5mLs. Thanks!

Colored bottles are designed to protect their contents from the light, so it does seem logical that minimizing the light exposure of perfumes in clear bottles would provide some of the same protection - but I don't know if anyone could really quantify how much of an advantage you'd get leaving your oils in their amber (or cobalt) Lab bottles vs. decanting them into the clear ones, there are just so many variables. Before going all-in, you could try with a smaller selection and see if you're pleased with how they're holding up over the course of a few months.

I have to say, I really miss the cobalt blue bottles. I know amber is supposed to protect the oils from light but, the cobalt blue was just so pretty :)

*turns into evil cartoon character*

I can just imagine a vision of Beth completley changing the style and shape of the bottles and thousands of us running around screaming..

"THEY JUST DON'T FIT MY BOX ANYMORE...ARGH...MUST MAKE NEW BOX"

*Changes back into sweet self*

:P

I love the amber bottles - very old timey, and the dark colors keep my oils from going all weird if I don't wear them for a while.

I think the amber works real well for the GC oils. However, I would like to see the LE sents in different color bottles. And it would be neat if they were designated certain colors; like lunacies in a smokey gray bottle, Lupercalias in red, Yules in cobalt blue, and so on. That way it would make the LE stand out a little more form the GC, make them just that much more special. I don't know, just a thought.

Edited by cupcakegernade

I have a question and I hope this is the right place to ask it.

I won a 10ml cobalt bottle of Ozymandias on eBay, and I did some research and found out that 10mls were discontinued in August 2006, meaning that my bottle is at least that old. But since it's a cobalt bottle, not an amber one does that mean it's really 2004 or older? It smells just as awesome as I hoped aged Ozymandias would, but I'd really like to know how old it is.

I love the amber bottles! They're such a pretty color and they add to the mystique of all my delicious perfumes...:wub2: