Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
omly

Forest & Woods Scents (with and without evergreens)

My boyfriend who generally is not one for "that smelly stuff" recently expressed that he might be interested in a BPAL that smelled "foresty". I was looking for a place to start looking into what he might like. He probably wouldn't be crazy if it had floral notes in it, but then again what he doesn't know.... As long as the floral notes were discreet and not the more prominant notes it might be ok. Any suggestions?

~omly

Black Forest is very *very* piney - and definitely smells like that sort of forest. Normally, just-woody forests, I'd suggest zombi or ulalume.

burial

black forest

loup garou

scarecrow

maaaaaaaaybe old dublin. depending on how prominent the white rose was.

Black Forest is very piney.

Zombi might be a bit too rosey for him, though.

Arkham is lovely - citrussy.

Jabberwocky too - it's a minty- pine scent that I must get round to reviewing! Nice and refeshing but foresty at the same time. :P

Okay, I adore woodsy scents, really woodsy scents. I've tried both Loup Garou and Black Forest and I love both of them with a passion. I also love Capricorn.

Other scents I've tried that I would consider woodsy are Darkness, Omen and Hamadryad (although it's almost pure cinnamon on me).

Anyone else have any suggestions for super woodsy scents for me? I couldn't care less if they're uber masculine, I like that sort of thing. :P

I could go through and list all of the oils I've tried, but it would take up way too much space, so I'll just leave it at that for now.

My only stipulations are:

1) No citrus, especially no lemon

2) No almond

Anything else is fair game in my book, so any suggestions would be welcome. :D

~ Penance

Well, I know you said no citrus, but let me suggest Jabberwocky. It's got pine, eucalyptus, and orange. And smells incredibly foresty. Great scent.

Also, what about The Hesperides? It's got a lot of apples and ozone in it, but a ton of really woodsy undertones.

Okay, I've tried Ulalume and didn't care for it; for some reason on me it was in your face floral. :P

Got Wolfsbane coming in a swap and I've tried The Hesperides and it's mostly apples on me, but I'll have to give the rest of those a shot. :D

Checked out Skindazzles and Enchated Forest sounds like it's right up my alley, thanks, andrabell! Now I just have to wait for it come back in stock. :D

~ Penance

Wolfsbane, Wolfsbane, Wolfsbane!!!

I see you've already got it comeing in a swap, but it really is woodsy. And it is so delicious. Highly recommended.

Yay! Now I'm glad I took the chance on swapping for it. I was afraid it'd be too herby. :P

~ Penance

I 2nd jabberwocky.

Black Forest is one of my favorite scents as well! Some others that I like and find 'woodsy' are

Umbra (spicey woodsy, though maybe your skin will amp up the cinnamon?)

Anne Bonny (straight up woodsy. MMM.)

For me, Wolfsbane was very herbal, but if we're talking about green forests here, as opposed to dry, brown wood, I don't know that I could distinguish 'herbal' from 'foresty'.

Okay, tried Anne Bonny and I adore it (got a 10mL on order). I want to try Umbra but so far no luck getting a swap for some. :P

Good point, Witch's Dagger, what I meant was the sort of scent that Black Forest is...sort of piney and woody and earthy all at once. I love pine and cedar and redwood and all that, but don't care for herby type scents too much. Does that make sense?

~ Penance

Yeah - Black Forest and Loup Garou are on my wishlist, but I haven't tried them yet, so I can't really say. I meant to add that in my original reply, but I edited that reply so many times before actually posting, I see I forgot.

Sorry I can't be more help...

That's okay, hon. You've helped enough with the almond issue. :D :P

I really need to get a big bottle of Loup Garou and one of Capricorn. I'm so sad they're discontinuing the celestial oils. :D

~ Penance

Intrigue is also very, very woody, in a dark, polished wood sort of way. Having said that, it is also a love/hate kind of scent. I personally love it, but some of my friends who smelled it went "Bleh, pencil shavings!" :D

Tombstone is another one that turns very woody on me, with a distinct vanilla note underscoring it. Love it! :P

The soon-to-be defunct Aquarius was supposed to be pine, pine and more pine. Maybe that would be worth trying for you... just don't fall in love with it!

WTF no one mentioned Belladonna? Augh!!

Belladonna is very very woodsy on me! Probably the most woodsy scent I own.

I have Belladonna but haven't gotten around to trying it yet. I'll have to move it to the front of the line and try it out in the next couple of days. :P

~ Penance

Hello again! I know you have Tombstone coming, a little birdie told me :P If you like that, also try Golden Priapus. It is even more woodsy and it's a golden wood smell, like southern yellow pine.