Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
sarahmarie

Grr (fizzyBOOM)

Headache relief.
Sodium bicarbonate, citric acid, shea oil, coconut milk, henna leaf powder, witch hazel, eucalyptus essential oil, peppermint essential oil, Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab's Elixir blend.

Wow, first to review - I don't think I've ever done this before.

I used Grr when I came home from school exhausted, mildly headachey, and yeah, kinda stinky. I drew a bath, dropped that sucker in (what a plunk!) and KABOOM. Awesomeness. It smelled very uplifting and pleasant - minty, mostly, with a generally refreshing and light vibe. It was a very calm scent though, very relaxing. I got in the bath and was stunned at how *soft* the water felt - just delicious, really. I relaxed almost instantly and just lay there and absorbed the goodness. My skin felt great and my headache eased, though it has returned due to lack of timely dinner.

I am completely in love with the fizzyBOOM, and I really dug this particular concoction. It was really the best bath I think I've ever had, and I'm looking forward to trying the other bombs I ordered. Edited by Shollin

Count me as one of the lucky few who get migraines on a regular basis.

I knew that when my headache started today, that I would try out the Grr fizzyBOOM to see if it could do anything to tackle the pain.

I drew a luke-warm bath to make it as pleasant as possible. Usually I take hothothot baths, but I didn't want to shock my system this time. I dropped in half of the fizzyBOOM and noticed right away that it didn't fizz as much as bath bombs from other places. When I got in the bath, however, the water felt silky and smooth. Is this from the shea oil? Whatever it is, the bath felt heavenly...

The scent of the fizzyBOOM in the bag is straight up MINT. I was afraid that the scent in the bath would be too powerful, which is why I only used half. However, in the water the scent became more mild; still minty, but definitely not as strong.

I fell asleep, as I often do in the bathtub, and when I woke up my fingers were like prunes and my headache was mostly gone! The back of my head felt tingly (in a good way) and the pounding pressure was now just a mild pulse.

Now that I've gotten out of the tub, my headache hasn't completely gone away but I don't think it's gotten any worse. I know that I will be buying a bottle of Grr elixir in my next BPAL order in the hopes that smelling the scent for an extended period of time will knock my headaches out completely.

Two thumbs up!!

I tried this last night when I had a head-and-neck ache. I filled the tub with hot water and used the entire fizzyBoom.

The scent was very mellow (which is good as strong scents -even good ones- can aggravate a headache or be a trigger for a migraine). It was a mint, but not a hard mint, something was softening it. It was pervasive but the scent lingered close to the water.

I sat in the yellow-green water, reading, my headache becoming sedated. By the time I stood up to rinse off, my skin was luxuriously smooth and lightly oiled, and aside from the blood-rush pain immediately when I stood up, as soon as I had righted myself, the headache had eased almost entirely. I was able to go to bed later and sleep solidly, with no head or neck pain to wake me.

Yay. I need to make another order of these to insure I always have Grr.

I am not too impressed with this fizzy. For the most part I've thought that the booms were pretty lightly scented, and this one was really light for me. I could barely smell it once it had dissolved and the smell didn't linger on my skin. I've only been filling my tub up about 1/3 of the way when I use these, and the smell is still insanely light.

Grr is pretty much just a plain peppermint oil as far as I can tell. It turned my water a weird yellow, olive, dirty brown color and I didn't notice that it was moisturizing at all.

Maybe peppermint oil just isn't my thing. I stayed in the tub for about a half hour and my headache turned into this really heavy, strange, throbbing sort of headache. By the time I got out, my headache was actually worse and I felt nauseous. I don't know if I can blame that on the peppermint oil or if I'm just sick, lol.

Either way, I doubt I'd ever repurchase this one.

Edited by Blood onmy hands

I don’t like posting bad reviews but I am really underwhelmed with the fizzies. I’ve been getting bad headaches recently so I was excited when I got this bomb from a friend. Unfortunately the pure peppermint oil thing doesn’t do much for me, though I can’t even smell it once it has dissolved anyhow. I thought that these would be more highly scented and more moisturizing. The only thing that it really did was turn my water a poo brown shade :P I understand that they are supposed to be more natural, but I wish this did color the water in some more appealing shade or that it was moisturizing or something.

I had a migraine last night (and this morning...sigh), so I decided to use my shiny new Grr FizzyBOOM before I went to sleep last night.

In the bag, the Boom smelled exactly like the Grr oil (duh), and the scent was STRONG. I was pleased. The bomb is rock-hard (like a Lush bomb, rather than a crumbly Fantasy Bath bomb), and I couldn't for the life of me figure out how people are splitting them. I tried and failed, shrugged, and plunked the whole thing in my full tub.

It was really fun to watch the Boom run around the tub fizzing like mad. It kept going forever!

Unfortunately, I have to concur with a couple of the earlier reviewers -- I was a bit underwhelmed by the scent of the Boom once it hit the water. I couldn't smell it at all, for the most part. Every once in a while I'd get the slightest whiff of mint, but for the most part I really didn't smell much. I do have to add the caveat that I like my baths really strongly scented, but I don't think I got any aromatherapeutic benefit from my bath with this Boom, given how light the scent was once it hit the water. At any rate, it didn't ease my headache -- but I certainly didn't expect a miracle. My migraines are far too bad for that :P.

The boom left an ick-colored ring around the tub (it foamed a bit when it fizzed up, and then the foam stayed on the sides of the tub above the waterline). It came off easily after the bath, so no real cleanup required, but it didn't look all that pretty while I was in the bath! I wouldn't have minded that or the weird color of the water if the scent had been better, but...

I don't think I'll reorder this one. It just wasn't strong enough for me. I have that problem with a lot of bath products, though, so YMMV. I have three more Booms to try, and I'm very excited for those :D. I'm also considering using my Grr oil for bath salts.

Edited because I forgot to mention that my skin was lovely and moisturized after my bath :D.

Edited by Electra

I should have tried the poor Grr fizzy before TKO because it was pretty anticlimactic after that. I suffer from headaches that range from mild sinus pain to the very rare blinding migraines. I came home with a slight headache the other day so I pulled out the fizzy and dropped it in the bath. It put on yet another spectacular production for me but where the TKO fizzy really scented and moisturized the water, the Grr was kind of weak. It did get rid of my headache so it certainly works like a charm, I just didn't get that over-all feeling delicious feeling the TKO gave me. Well perhaps I'm just comparing apples to oranges here. Definitely try it if you have headaches.