Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
LiberAmoris

Silence

White sandalwood, iris, blue musk, lotus root, moonflower, plum blossom, green tea, white mint and white peach.

I'm...failing at picking out the notes.

But, it does feel blue..and cool and quiet.

I'm calling it, "interesting," and putting it into a pile for further testing. Edited by Shollin

On me, Silence is green tea, iris, and moonflower. It's not what I was expecting, but it is nice.

This is soft, pale, and lovely. Very hard to pick out any single notes in it, though. I'm getting a bit of peach and a light floral touch with some dustiness I'm attributing to the musk.

Wet: It smells like astringent. :(

First on: Spicy...astringent. Bleh! I feel like I should be cleaning my face with this.

Dry: As it dried, it somehow got even stronger.

In imp: peach and plum are there and the blue musk is super apparent.

Wet: this is where it gets fun. the musk slips away with the peach. The iris appears with the plum blossom and moonflower. *sigh*

Drydown: hint of green tea. I know the mint is mixing in there however it's not super prominent. This is lovely. A true gem.

For some reason this brings back memories of wandering around in the middle of the night (think riverfronts, arboretums, and graveyards) in spring, lovelorn and a hopeless insomniac. *sigh......* FUN!! This is a romantic blue scent that really evokes the first warm days of spring with lush fresh plantlife and cool nighttime air that stirs you out of your bed and outside for a long pensive dreamlike stroll. The breeze is soft and crisp and everything is still. The flowers are cool and fragrant. A bird sings and you race home so you don't break your spell by having to face the sun.

Seriously!

In Bottle: Dry woods, soft musk, drying flowers and a slight sweetness that could be fruit. It's all really blended though and nothing is jumping out to the front. Very slightly aquatic.

Wet: Much like the bottle only sweeter. Peachy. Light Throw.

5 minutes: Florals are picking up speed. Still very complex and it drifts from one scent to another quickly.

15 minutes: I can't pin this down for anything.

1 hour+: Woods and peach tea. In fact it smells remarkably like some unnamed tea I picked up in China. It don't know what it is but it's good. The tea and the perfume.

Overall: This may be one of my favorite BPAL scents yet. Which is a bit of a shock since it tend to like the headier things like Samhain or Chrysanthemum Moon. This, in contrast, is super soft, subtle. Like warm ghosties.

The description is perfectly up my alley. White sandalwood is simply gorgeous, moonflower is one of my favorite white florals, plum blossoms filly up my yard in juicy sweetness, green tea is warm, white peach is sweet and lovely. Just... wow.

Bottle: Blue moonlight, bright stars, a small whisper across snow.

Skin: As in the bottle, just a bit more faint. The moonflower is soft and white and sweet in a perfect way. The white sandalwood and blue musk look great in my skin chemistry

I will love this bottle plenty and cherish it every time I wear it.

:::SILENCE:::

This one was being practically given away at an auction, the opportunity to pounce was there, so...

Huh.

"Silence" is actually a really good name for this fragrance.

From the bottle, it is a clean, floral sort of vegetal essence... A, "throw your windows wide open in the morning and breathe in the goodness that comes from it having rained all night" sort of essence.This is not at all an imposed, dreary Silence, this is more the Silence that you might find yourself reveling in...

There are pleasant, cool, crisp notes in this. The Tea, Mint, and Peach makes Silence all the more profound by generating a feeling of wetness so absolute, it's as though one is immersed in water... While the "Blue Musk" and Sandalwood give it the airs of luxury...

On the skin, Silence waxes even more introspective. It could be likened to staring through plate-glass while the rain's rivulets make all the world muddle together and liquefy... And just letting your mind go.

Enjoy the noiseless hum that fills your being.

Silence is a wee bit insane... But in a REALLY good way.

This is where astral projection meets staying home on Saturday to wash your hair.

Phenomenal.

Unisex.

Delicious.

5/5.

I mostly get sandalwood, blue musk and soft florals (in that order), the other notes are well-blended but I do get the hints of tea and white peach.

In bottle: a clean and clear white scent, faintly floral, with hints of that blue musk. I can also sense the tea note floating in the background; definitely a "silent", pensive blend, although it does have a rather solid presence.

Wet on skin: wow, this is lovely, and right up my alley. Warmed by my skin, it doesn't change too much from the bottle scent, but the warmth grounds this scent--makes it a bit more sweeter, a bit whiter, and the sandalwood and musk comes out much better as well. The latter is subdued, in the background, and adds lovely depth to a predominantly moonflower and green tea blend.

Dry: clear white moonflower and tea, grounded by lovely sandalwood and musk, lightly sweetened. This doesn't change from the wet phase for me aside from a further smoothing out, a slight softening. This keeps true to the pensiveness of the blend.

Verdict: I'm so glad I took a chance on this! I'm really liking this, and sad that it's been discontinued.