Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A scent seething with the perverse splendor of complete and utter madness. High-pitched, yet dark… subdued and deep, but tingling with frenzy: juniper, nutmeg and black cypress shocked by verbena and lavender.

Lemony Cedar. I believe that this must have been brighter and stronger when fresh...but now it is a wimpy lemony cedar scent with the barest hints of lavendar. *sigh*

First Sniff: Delightful, fresh juniper.

Wet: Juniper that has a something softer to it, the lavender, I assume.

Dry: As it dried the lavender was light and lovely. Its fresh smelling from the juniper and verbena and calming from the lavender, which is nice. I’m not getting any nutmeg or cypress though. (Cypress I would assume to be like cedar, which I don’t like anyway.)

My Reaction: I loved the combination of fresh juniper and soft lavender, but the lighter aquatics don’t seem to like me so I knew this was going to fade quickly since it’s so light and soft!

Rating 1-5: 2.5

This was high-pitched to me. It was harsh at first application, then dried down to a balanced, sweet verbena with what I SWEAR smells like chamomile. If more of that herbal smell came out, it would be a winner.

Not bad, but not for me.

ETA: Surprising change - It is now this very pleasant, slightly sweet, summery skin scent! Everything is balanced and it's very pretty! (SMH - skin chemistry)

Edited by Greenwoodtree

OH, 2004 ARKHAM. I have been searching for you for 14+ years. Thanks to a generosity of another long-timer BPALer I finally, finally, can test out the original incarnation.

On wet, I got more of a verbena blend, with a bright lemon edge. As it dries, it gets DARKER. I now have a juniper + cedar blend with a slight edge of nutmeg. Through out it all, the lavender plays a ghostly presence wafting in and out. Ghostly woods. Low throw and average wear length.