Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Shollin

The Hesperides

The Hesperides are the Nymphs of the Evening who dwell in a verdant garden located in the Arcadian Mountains, guarded by the terrible three-headed dragon, Ladon. Within their garden lives the tree that bears Hera’s sacred Golden Apples. Their perfume is that of sturdy oak bark, dew-kissed leaves, twilight mist and crisp apple.

Frimp from Babypopje!

In the bottle: Is that bubblegum? Some kind of oddly medicinal bubblegum scent... but I know better than to let the initial bottle scent turn me off to Beth's creations :3

On Skin: Much better, it becomes more of a ripe fruit scent, I thought peach at first but then apple decided to speak a little louder. There's a honeyish quality about the sweetness that I really enjoy!

Drydown: Definitely apples. All kinds of crazy throw during the first few hours, compared to oils I've tried in the past. I kept smelling apples and thought it was some weird combination of the lotion I was wearing and the oil, but it's ALL the oil. A very crisp, cool apple scent but not childlike in the least.

Verdict: I wish the scent lasted longer, because it's rather nice :) I'm not sure whether it was my skin or my nose that ate up these apples so quickly, but I'll be sure to wear this again! Edited by grrrlennyl
added description

Really pleasantly sweet and appley when wet. Sadly it vanished almost immediately on my skin... this one is going to a new home that can appreciate it properly!

This was one of my favorite scents. The first time I tried it I got apple and wood and it was gorgeous. My bottle smelled much sweeter and was heavier on the apple, and I didn't like it as well, but after some aging it has gone similar to the wood-apple scent I loved. I'm sad it's discontinued, GC discontinued bottles seem harder to track down than LE's.

In the imp: As described - a magical, dew-covered apple tree! Pretty!

Wet on skin: The apple is golden, very bright & sweet, but the oak bark is taking over & doing something weird to it (after reading the other reviews I think this may be the caramel note others were talking about)! Oh come on, oak! I thought you were my friend!

Dry on skin: It's less weird now, but I'm still not sure what it's doing. It's not turning gross, so that's a good sign! The apple is back in charge, but the bark & leaves seem to be pulling it all together. I'm confused, but I think I really like this!

After a few hours: Ohhhhh, this is lovely! I smell like a magic apple tree! I love it!

Verdict: Of course I finally find an amazing tree scent that works on me & it's discontinued. OF COURSE. I'll have to keep an eye out for a bottle of this!

Please, pleasseee bring the Hesperides back! It is the most amazing apple scent ever. It's all fresh, red apples sitting in a woven basket in the forest. So fresh and cold you can almost see them when you're wearing it. So lovely!

In the decant: Juicy green apples, but it smells like a green apple scented soft candy rather than hard candy. It's not a realistic apple, to my nose.

Wet: I'm still getting green apple candy. I'm surprised that this one features a green apple note – I was hoping for a yellow one. Sadly, it has this plastic-y vibe to it that doesn't seem to want to go away on me.

Dry: Eventually, the fake quality of the scent does go away, and I'm left with a crisp, green apple, hanging from a tree.

Verdict: While the end result is nice, it's just not good with my skin chemistry during the wet stage. On a positive note, at least I didn't fall in love with a discontinued apple scent?

Wet: Mostly oak bark. There's something powdery, yet fresh, as well. It's fairly pleasant.

Dry: Oak bark, and a tiny bit of apple that adds some sweetness to the blend. I like it! Oak/woods notes typically aren't my thing, but it's really nice in this blend.

I'll use up the imp I have, but I don't think I'll need to hunt for a bottle of this.

Edited by donkehpoo