Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A potent attraction blend. Can be used alone or in conjunction with other oils to amplify their power.

This is only going to be a commentary on the scent, because I really love the fragrance and haven't used Magnet enough yet to have formed an opinion on its effectiveness.

When I first got my latest TAL order box, I could smell Magnet before I even opened it. Then I had to open and sniff at all of my bottles to find out where the beautiful smell was coming from.

I'm not sure how to describe this... it's almost a sweet, creamy sort of citrus, with a slightly herbal edge. I normally hate citrus, but this reminds me of a lemon sherbet, but with a creamier edge. My sister-in-law said that it smells like creamy lily of the valley and a sweet citrus. My boy just said that he likes it. I'm crap at picking out floral notes, so pehaps it is lily. After about an hour, it also begins to take on a sort of sultry, spicier incensey quality on me.

Whatever it is, Magnet smells very pretty. :P

I used Magnet the other day to draw to me a set of circumstances that I figured would be totally unlikely, if not impossible. Remarkably, the situation ended up unfolding as though I'd scripted it myself! I used the oil with the intent to attract this precise scenario. I am extremely pleased (and amazed) with how effective this oil turned out to be. I look forward to using it whenever I need to "draw" something.

Edited by summer

In terms of scent, Magnet was all citronella. Very sharp lemon, in other words. "It stings the nostrils" in a way that wasn't entirely pleasant, but I wasn't using the stuff on my skin.

In terms of practical usage, I found Magnet's potency to come in short spurts. Since I used the oil to anoint candles, I put a lot of energy into this particular ritual (which is hoodoo in origin) but didn't get the same amount of energy back. Immediately after I did the ritual, like the next day, the person who I wanted to come to me did, but then they left soon after and didn't come back until I lit another candle and focused on him again. Perhaps I need to focus harder and fine-tune my conjuring so that I can make the spell more efficient and potent... or maybe I should stop hoodoo'ing people! In any case, I didn't find Magnet to be resoundingly successful, so I can't sing its praises too much, but it's possible that a lot of the issue lies with me, not the oil.

Magnet is a very strong scent to my nose. It is not particularly nice. It smells like it works. And it does.

I use it mainly to amp up Attuning or French Creole. Not that French Creole really needs amping up, but ...

And it really does seem to work. I can feel it working with the Attuning definitely!

Scent-wise, this is a bit off-putting to me. Too sharp and astringent, which is a shame, because it's so powerful I would like to wear it everywhere. I haven't much to say other than this does what it says: attracts. This has become my most used oil in spellwork simply because it dovetails so nicely with almost every goal. Love, money, running into a specific person, creativity, finding the perfect sofa - you name it, high magic or low, this oil is your ally. Lately I've been using it in conjunction while visualizing more amorphous goals (peace, abundance, security, rewarding relations with my parents, and so on) and it definitely seems to help. I feel that my deepest energy is more aligned with my conscious desires. Great stuff.

Magnet is definitely an lemon-heavy (either lemon balm, citronella, or even lemongrass) with herbals. For me, the aspect of Magnet that most resonates with me is amplification. It feels like an amp or a megaphone. Whatever there is, there is MORE of it, if that makes sense.