Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
anomie

Osun

… Her ofrenda is thick with honey and herbs of love, passion and desire.

Right off the bat it smelled like those sweet strawberry hard candies. Very, very sweet and syrupy. Thank goodness the weird fruitiness dies down, but I'm still not convinced I enjoy this scent. There's honey for sure, but there are some soapy herbs and a little bit a medicinal edge. It's just not for me.

In bottle: Red wine, that over-sweet fruity kind, and a faint metallic note, perhaps dragon’s blood or some sort of musk.

Wet: Leather and fresh sugar cane.The scent of skin and juicy, sugary fruit.

Dry: There’s the honey, finally!  This perfume turns simply gorgeous. Rich and sweet honey, almost gritty as though you could smell the sugar crystals. There’s a complex background of musky, earthy, smoky notes – the herbs, I suppose? But not foody or floral herbs, forest-y ones. Just a fantastic scent, really complex and hard to put into words. I love wearing it. Good length, too, Wear time lasts 4-5 hours. 

I get some fruitiness from this along with some herbs and rose. I have to confess at being influenced by glancing at a few reviews on either the first or last page -- the fruitiness is sort of like, the memory of one of those strawberry candies in the strawberry wrapper? o.0 Then I smelled some rose and I was like, what scent on my arm is doing that??? And it was this one. Curiously enough, I don't get a ton of honey from this unless it's a fruit-infused one, and a fruit-tinged rose coated in a smattering of herbs is what I get by the end of the day, but it is pretty light by then.

I'm glad I got to try this one, but it is not something for which I could see myself reaching.

Ooooh. spicy redness. Globby honey running over some squished up red fruits, the slightest spead-out squished rose petals, sprinkled with herbs.