Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Mountaingrrl00

Witty blends?

I would love to find some lighthearted, clever, unexpected fragrances. Unusual notes or combinations of notes and complex development would be nice. Have any BPAL oils made you feel amused? (Not the description or backstory, but the way it smells.)

Yesterday I tried Jailbait. As soon as I opened the imp, I started laughing. It's bubble gum and candy!

Hearth '05 also amused me; I kept sticking my arm out at my husband and saying, "Smell me! I smell like cookies!"

I would suggest Katharina, perhaps. It strikes me that way. Of course, I always associate it with the female protagonist from my NaNoWriMo now. :P

I thought Black Cat was wonderfully quirky and tricksy, though the guy hated it. I bet Imp and Hetairae will fit the bill though I haven't tried them myself. I also think Jabberwocky is decidedly loopy and wry. Snicker snack, indeed!

This may sound strange, but the scent that really cracks me up, every time, is Graveyard Dirt. It isn't something I really want to wear very often, but just opening it and sniffing makes me smile -- it smells JUST LIKE DIRT! How does she doooo that?? The idea of a bag of moist dark potting soil being distilled down into a clear liquid is just too funny.

Libertine. feminine, sweet, not girly, but gives an air of a woman who has the charm and wit to get away with murder.

Black Pearl - Iris, Coconut, what else is there? it's light, sunny, smells like a posh cocktail and definitely suits the bill for unexpected note combinations.

Macchu Pichu is unusual in the sense of lush jungle it gives, I love it for summer, very mellow, light and fresh. it gives a laid-back atmosphere.

as for amusement, Iambe made me giggle my head off the first time I wore it.

I'm definitely going to second March Hare.

I think Gingerbread Poppet's a bit witty as well. The gingery spiciness makes me feel fiesty! :P

These all sound like great suggestions. Thanks for the enabling, I think. I'm excited to see Macchu Pichu on this thread, as I have some in an order that just CNSed!

It seems like most people recommend sweet and fruity scents as scents to make you smile, but for "witty" I have to say Severin. It's an extremely dry and faint scent, not sweet at all, papery dry with citrus freshness, like an English gentleman with an understated, dry sense of humour. Like Rupert Giles. Witty.

Sign in to follow this