Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
shriekingviolet

Black Phoenix

I received this today, and I couldn't wait to try it on.

On the initial swipe -- sweet maraschino cherry 'juice'. Not the fruit, but that in-your-face, screamingly sweet red liquid the cherries come in. I don't get much else, the cherries dominate everything. This phase doesn't last long, my skin is thirsty. Within minutes, the cherry is gone, and I'm left with a vaguely rose-ish dusty note. Sweet, desiccated petals crumbling into dust at a touch.

My results could well be due to medical conditions. I have type 2 diabetes and chronically dry skin. I lotion like mad, but there it is. I may buy some unscented lotion and use this to scent it and see what I get. It may change my results.

I can’t believe it’s my first time, in all these years, trying Black Phoenix. In the imp I get mostly almond, with a hint of carnation or rose, and maybe anise. On the skin the almond fades quickly and I get a beautiful soft rose, with anise and a tinge of myrrh. As it fades, the rose is the dominant note and the myrrh and anise linger in the back. It’s soft and maybe slightly powdery, but not in a bad way. Overall, I really like it! 

this scent feels like it was made personally for me. it's really amazing and changes very interestingly.

wet, it smells extremely like licorice and it's very pungent. it morphs into something fruity, most likely cherry. it then changes pretty quickly into rose, with a kind of spicy background, maybe cinnamon, anise or clove? the end product is a slightly fruity, spicy and definitely rose smell. the rose is very clear and in charge but the bottom of your nostrils burn with a gentle spice. it's fantastic!