Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Snow White

International order Q

Hello there my international peeps! :D

Ok, so a good Q was raised and I thought I'd get some input from those that have ordered from us before.

Do international orders require signature for delivery?

Thank you for your feedback in advance you guys.

:P

Nella

Hello! No, I didn't have to sign for mine. Sometimes I do if I have to go to the PO to pick it up, but if it's small enough to fit in my mail box at home they just pop it in there. :P

Thanks. I think this is partially for my benefit.:P Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou.

Can anyone here give me approximate postal time for O/S orders? Time (from postage marked date, I guess) and destination would be great... :D

Hello! No, I didn't have to sign for mine. Sometimes I do if I have to go to the PO to pick it up, but if it's small enough to fit in my mail box at home they just pop it in there.  :P

Yes, what she said, for the Netherlands.

I signed for mine in the UK - but perhaps that was just because I happened to open the door when the guy arrived... but come to think of it there was definately a list with time of delivery and stuff on it.

I'm in England and both of my parcels were left on my doorstep (hidden from road and relatively safe). No signature required.

Delivery was with 7 days of postmark.

Edited for typo

Edited by allamanda

In Oz & no signature req'd. But wouldn't mind if i had to.

My postie usually just puts it on out front doorstep & knocks- he's backing out the driveway by the time I get to the door- he just likes to alert us to it's presence :P

I'm in Canada and I didn't have to sign for mine. It just appeared in my mailbox. It was mailed out on April 8th and I received it on the 19th.

I am still stunned at the idea of post(wo)men leaving parcels on your doorstep.... I worked as a postperson here and I would've gotten sacked if I did that.

In Oz & no signature req'd. But wouldn't mind if i had to.

My postie usually just puts it on out front doorstep & knocks- he's backing out the driveway by the time I get to the door- he just likes to alert us to it's presence :P

It's the same here in brisbane. unless:

- the parcel is registered, or

- package is of sufficient value to attract GST &/+ import tax

I've been at home both times my parcels arrived (sheer luck, I'd normally be at work!) and they were just handed over to me, no need to sign.

However, if I wasn't there, they would have left me a card saying they'd tried to deliver, and I would need to pick it up from the local post office depot.

I'm still waiting for my second order (made April 4th) but my first order was delivered fine last year. No signature required and no additional costs (thankfully). The postie we have is usually very good and will post a card through the door if he cant get it through the post-box (if we're not in) saying it needs collection.

Not all posties are so good though and signing for it wouldn't be a bad thing.

I'm in Canada and I didn't have to sign for mine.

Ditto. Mine was too big to fit in my mailbox, so it was stuck between my screen door and main door.

i'm in canada, and would almost prefer having to get a signature at this point as i'm not getting any of the packages being sent out to me. (thanks for letting me know about my re-shipment in such a timely manner nella!)

Out of curiousity, has anyone had to pay customs on a package from BPAL who lives in the UK or is International.

Out of curiousity, has anyone had to pay customs on a package from BPAL who lives in the UK or is International.

I've had two packages sent to the UK, and neither had a customs charge on them.

However, I think I must be lucky as pretty much everything else I ordered in the last year from the US has been caught :P

Not so far, touch wood.

Edited to add:

It does happen though. I remember someone (ViciousViolet maybe?) saying customs had held her package and charged duty.

Edited by allamanda

Thanks for all the feedback you guys

You are the best! :P

oh and your welcome any_old_actress :D

got to run

Nella

Sign in to follow this