Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Brianne

Recommmendations for Green Scents

reading through the thread now, but I've been trying to find a deep green, leafy scent. I thought once upona time it was Strangler Fig, but then it stopped working on me (hunting it don to retry now)

Carlin is my absolute favorite for deep dark greenery. I know the notes might not look that promising, but on me it really is just a very deep leafy, natural, outdoorsy green with no other extra stuff.

I also really like País de la Canela, but it's a pain in the neck trying to find, and it does have the cinnamon and orchid notes in there too.

Just reading through this thread as I woke up yesterday wanting only green things. These are the three I have tried, and I ended up ordering the Ya Te Vo which despite some meh reviews is fantastic and green on me.

Robin Goodfellow (almost too boy for me but still nice and lush green)

Jabberwocky (Holy Christmas Tree Batman)

Ya Te Vo (The winner so far)

I like green blends -- more of the foresty-green (but non-evergreen) types as opposed to the leafy-green types.

You can't get more leafy-green than Envy -- it was all fresh greens and herbs on me. Also The Jersey Devil, Mag Mell and The Phoenix in Spring for other leafy/grassy types. Beer from the Marsh Woman's Brewery was a more swampy, yellow-green (and beer-like) blend.

My favourite "forest-greens" are Moon of Small Spirits and The Darkling Thrush. The Carpathian Mountains is the same forest as Moon of Small Spirits, but at a higher, colder altitude. Other good forests are Glasgow, The Little Bird, Thunderbird and Ochosi.

I recommend Nefertiti for a herbal green! The olibanum, myrrh, and sandalwood ground it slightly, but on me it smells mostly like the North African herbs. I imagine them freshly plucked, with the sap still flowing. This blend almost smells wet to me it comes across so green.

dian's bud was a really dark, wet, lush green on me. think a mass of rain-soaked, heavy greenery, ALMOST on the edge of rotting but not quite.

reading through the thread now, but I've been trying to find a deep green, leafy scent. I thought once upona time it was Strangler Fig, but then it stopped working on me (hunting it don to retry now)

Carlin is my absolute favorite for deep dark greenery. I know the notes might not look that promising, but on me it really is just a very deep leafy, natural, outdoorsy green with no other extra stuff.

I also really like País de la Canela, but it's a pain in the neck trying to find, and it does have the cinnamon and orchid notes in there too.

Seconding Carlin!

Bumping this thread because it is Spring and I'm craving green but I'm being a picky brat! I'm obsessing over Hemlock Honey, but I'm looking for something else complex, bright green on top, with a creamy, musky drydown. Not too appley, sour, teaish, airy, dank (I have plenty of those!), or identifiably herbally. Recommendations are always appreciated.

Edited by lookingglass

Bumping this thread because it is Spring and I'm craving green but I'm being a picky brat! I'm obsessing over Hemlock Honey, but I'm looking for something else complex, bright green on top, with a creamy, musky drydown. Not too appley, sour, teaish, airy, dank (I have plenty of those!), or identifiably herbally. Recommendations are always appreciated.

A Blade of Grass comes to mind, so does Garden Path With Chickens, or Hagsgate and The Norn's Farmhouse from the GC. I'm craving "green" scents too right now, so I'll watch this thread to see what others recommend.

New GC scent - Squirting Cucumber!

Did you already try it? :P

I'd reccomend Squirting Cucmber: Very green and grassy with fresh cucmber and a bit of fresh water underneath.

Especially if you like Amsterdam but are not too fond of the floral part. Squirting Cucumber is very similar to Amsterdam minus the florals.

The Apothecary is green tea and herb goodness (with just a hint of ginger to make it seem sparkly)

No. 93 Engine is powerfully green, but it is mixed with metal and resins/incense - it's kind of like a Steampunk Green scent - or an ancient factory with vines and trees growing through it. Very distinctive.

Strangler Fig has never seemed that green on me. Mostly a rich fig (close to a fig single-note) with green fig leaves and some earth and roots in the background. A very dark, sensual scent. But everyone's skin chemistry is different.

LE: Mercurian Phoenix is very green on me, but is very intensely Lemongrass. So if freshly cut lemongrass sounds lovely to you, that's the scent I'd recommend. (If lemongrass isn't your thing then not so much.)