Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
mandalinn

I love Pink Sugar, can you recommend some BPAL?

Okay I am officially in love with BPAL and my other love is Pink Sugar anything.

What would scents here would you recommend for me that are along those lines?

My other favorite perfume is Henri Bendel's Rare Mimosa, anything similar to that?

Thanks for any advice, I am getting ready to place my second order and haven't even received my first, just some imps from KittyFlop, a wonderful forumite who enabled me! :P

Oh and my first order was 5ml of Midway, 6pk imps-Black Phoenix, Gluttony, Jack, Bon Vivant, Succubus & Bliss. I also won a bottle of Hollywood Babylon on Ebay.

I have in my cart now, 5mls of Sugar Skull, Trick or Treat and Samhain and 6pk of imps-Dana O'Shea, The Hamptons, Vice, O, Dorian & Swank.

Thanks again!

Have you tried Pink Moon? Its an LE, but its certainly up for grabs a few places in the Swaps section. Its: This Lunar blend is soft with phlox, tulip, daffodil, dogwood and muscari, dusted with pink sugar, carnation and honey, and a touch of the first strawberries of the season. I'm a fan of it!

Mandalinn, I'm so glad you ordered Midway before it was gone! Because it's magic - it's ambrosia -

(and because no one's getting a drop of mine unless they pry it out of my cold dead hands - bwah ha ha!)

Seriously - you're gonna love it. :P

I'd second the Pink Moon recommendation if you can get a hold of it. I see it on ebay and in the forums with some regularity.

Now, granted, I don't think it smells like the perfume Pink Sugar (which smells like burnt marshmallows to me, and I hate it) but it is VERY sugary and VERY pink. I like Pink Moon. :P

From what I understand, Aquilino's Pink Sugar smells an awful lot like Black Opal. I am thinking you are searching for the semi-soft musk base note and candy top/middle note.

There, now you are suitably confused.

I :P Pink Sugar! I wear it often.

Pink Moon is the closest to it and it layers wonderfully with Pink Sugar body cream.

Dorian more reminds me of Fresh Sugar than Pink Sugar, but also layers nicely with the Pink Sugar cream.

Others worth noting are Tamora and Fae. They are lightly sweet and pink in feeling, just lovely fragrances that will appeal to lovers of Pink Sugar.

I don't think this one has been added to for a while. . . :thud: but I also LOVEEEE Pink Sugar blends. . .Does anyone have any new ideas (4 years later, haha) for Pink Sugar Blends, or scents that make you think (ahh Pink) :wub2: Thank you!!!

Not exactly the same, but Mouse's Long and Sad Tale has the sweetness of vanilla and sweet pea- very pink. I am hoping that Pink Mood (new Shunga) will be reminiscent with its star anise and vanilla (I think there's vanilla- I'm at work and don't want to pull it up...).

Not exactly the same, but Mouse's Long and Sad Tale has the sweetness of vanilla and sweet pea- very pink. I am hoping that Pink Mood (new Shunga) will be reminiscent with its star anise and vanilla (I think there's vanilla- I'm at work and don't want to pull it up...).

I have Mouse's Long and Sad Tail on my want list, so that makes sense! I have a decant of Pink Mood coming also, and reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally hoping I love it too- Thanks for the suggestions!

It's a discontinued LE, but I found Velvet Unicorn to be OH EM GEE PINK SUGAR!!!

OOH great! What about Velvet Pink Kitty.. ?

I thought VPK smelled a lot like a drink- you can definitely get the gin in there. I haven't tried Velvet Unicorn, but Pink Kitty didn't really remind me of Pink Sugar. Not nearly as sweet.

It's a discontinued LE, but I found Velvet Unicorn to be OH EM GEE PINK SUGAR!!!

OOH great! What about Velvet Pink Kitty.. ?

I thought VPK smelled a lot like a drink- you can definitely get the gin in there. I haven't tried Velvet Unicorn, but Pink Kitty didn't really remind me of Pink Sugar. Not nearly as sweet.

I'll see if I can find an imp or decant (keeping fingers crossed!)

I would definitely 2nd the rec for Velvet Unicorn. That reminded me strongly of Pink Sugar (which I'm not really a fan of, sadly).

While these don't smell like Pink Sugar, here are some other lighthearted, girlier blends that you might like:

Bon Vivant (GC, champagne & strawberries)

Candy Phoenix (past LE, fruity/candy)

Spinning Multicolored Metallic Pinwheel (past LE, effervescent/fruity)

Plastic Pink Flamingo (past LE, very light & candy-like)

Sticky Pillowcase (past LE, candycandycandy yum!)

High Strung Daisies (GC, reminds me of an aggressively sweet pink marshmallow) definitely makes me think of pink sugar. Also, if you can find it, Diary of a Lovestruck Teenage Cannibal (LE, Dark Delicacies) has a very candy-like throw for me (and if you find some, do let me know, I adore the stuff).