Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
ocicat

Jewel Tone Scents

I'm very drawn to jewel like colors; dark reds, blues, greens, and purples. Primary colors that are very rich.

I was just wondering, being a BPAL n00b and all, if there are any oils that evoke these colors.

BPAL has many lovely jewel-toned blends. It's totally subjective, of course, but here would be some of my picks. I'm sure if I were to compile another list tomorrow it would be different!

Rubies: Bordello, Lady Macbeth, Dragon's Blood

Blue Sapphires: The Moon

Emeralds: Mistletoe

Amethyst: Hanging Gardens, Queen of Spades, Bathsheba, Urd

I just get such a distinct visual impression when I see jewels and gems and it would be neat to have an olfactory impression as well.

Blood Countess is, to me, a garnet or a dark, dark ruby. Though it could be an amethyst as well, depending on my mood.

Nocnitsa is emerald.

And then of course there are the opal and pearl scents! :P

I'd love to see a line of jewel scents. That would be my fondest wish!

I have a very strong synaesthetic reaction to colors and scents, but those are the strongest for me.

I would second Nocnitsa for emerald green, and suggest Blood for ruby red.

And... let's see: Bastet or The Lion for topaz, and the The Raven for sapphire.

Morgause = deep purple amethyst

Jezebel = warm amber

Midnight = Sapphire

Szepasszony = bright sparkling diamond

Just my impressions.

I would also suggest Nocnitsa. I got the emerald or dark teal base, but also a whiff of red berries floating over it. I smelled it and thought "whoa! I should tell the Jewel Tone person!"

Lampades is a unique red scent.  You may also like Sybaris for its violet and spices.

That's very true. I forgot all about Lampades.

Sybaris is a subdued purple, in my mind, so not very gem stone-like.

I usually have really strong color associations with scents, so here goes:

Reds: Bordello (purple-toned), Lady Macbeth (bloody and bright red), Blood Rose (bordering on purple), Queen Mab (very purpley, but also very pink-toned), Bathsheba (smoky, rich purple), Desire (regal and sultry red), Hell's Belle (smoky red, more of a congealed blood type color), Red Queen (bold red)

Blues: Empyreal Mist (bordering on diamond-like), Bayou (green-tinged), Szepasszony (same as Empyreal Mist), Ophelia, Titania (these last two are very ethereal blues, but Titania is a bit duskier). I really don't think there are any bright blues.

Greens: Pretty much anything herbal. Envy seems as though it's one of the greenest, but I personally haven't tried it. I don't do "green" scents.

Yellows/Golds: Eos

Pinks/Peaches: Katharina (peach), Fae (rose-tinged peach), Imp, Tamora (golden), Juliet, La Belle au bois Dormant.

Sign in to follow this