Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
spark

Himerus

The God of Sexual Desire, Longing and Yearning; an attendant of Eros and Aphrodite. A passion-rousing blend of juniper, sandalwood, rosewood, red musk, orchid, bergamot and lilac.

It's like walking through a dreamy forest. It's soft and wearable, but still has a bit of the wild in it. I get juniper, orchid, and lilac at first sniff. When it dries, I get some of the red musk.

I'd say the juniper is the star of the show, but it's not like sticking your face in a tree. This isn't an overwhelming scent in the least for me. It's very pleasantly floral, and when the red musk comes in, it helps ground the scent a bit. Yeah, I'm a fan.

I am realizing that my definition of a sexy scent and the Labs are very different lol. This is definitely not what i woulr think the God of Sexual Desire would smell like. That being said, it’s not unpleasant, it starts out strong with the juniper and dries down to a creamy sandalwood scent on me.

In the imp: Juniper, orchid, bergamot, and lilac. I'm missing the woods and the musk. 

On my skin:

Initially, it's lots of juniper, with a whiff of bergamot. I think I get the barest hint of sandalwood's bite in the background, but it's fleeting, so I can't be sure. As it dries, the sandalwood does come out a little more, with juniper on top of that and bergamot and lilac gracing the edges of the scent. This is where the scent seems to stay for me. 

Overall, it's a very clean, balanced scent on me. The sandalwood grounds the juniper nicely, and the bergamot and lilac help round out the juniper and add accent. I'm not sure I'd call it "passion-rousing," but I might if the red musk had ever made an appearance for me. 

In the decant: I can smell the juniper, sandalwood, and orchid.

On my skin: The sandalwood and juniper are the first notes to jump out at me, followed by the orchid, and a bit of bergamot. After a few minutes, the rosewood joins in, and then the lilac joins the party a few minutes after that. After a few hours, it is mostly about the warmth of the red musk-infused woods backed by a smooth orchid on me.

Verdict: Whoa, the red musk didn't stomp all over everything for once! I'm glad I got to try it, but this is not something I could see myself reaching for.

In the bottle: Sweet ambery resinous incensy goodness

Wet: Reminds me a bit of Arcana, or Penitence.

Dry: Sweet powdery amber with a hint of lilac.

After a few minutes: Lilac is coming to the front a bit. Still quite ambery.

After first hour: Lilac and resin, powderiness, possibly musk.

After two and a half hours: Soft musky incense

After 5 hours: Faint sweetness

Final verdict: Pleasant, but not something I need to hold onto.