Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
ipb

White Rose

it's a slightly soapy rose, like someone tainted it with the questionable lily family - though the soapiness disappears on the skin to become just a clean rose -- very clean, very rose.

white rose is the cool rosebud you see on many boutonnieres at weddings - self-important and untouchable. not quite as freshly cut as, say, rose red... but fairly recently.

it was my favorite note in my old dublin prototype, and me likes it alone as well

the lab rocks! :P

This. Is. Fabulous.

I know that Beth has lots and lots of rose notes in her arsenal, but this one is by far my favorite.

It's rose, obviously, but cool and crisp and very light. It is sweet, and yet somehow has a tartness to it that I've never smelled in another floral note before, and I agree with quantum spice - though not as fresh or green as Rose Red, this does smell like a freshly cut, true rose. It's not at all artificial.

White rose is a component in many of my favorite blends - I'm now almost positive that it's the rose in Havisham - and it's absolutely beautiful as a single note, as well.

The lab really does rock!

Edited by Imbrium

Bottle (Imp): A rose.

Just On: Hmm, a fading rose.

An hour or two later: A touch of soapiness, a lovely rosey soap.

Around 6 hours: Pretty well gone.

12 hours: Completely gone.

Overall: It's rare the roses work on me, so this was a pleasant surprise.

After reading other reviews: I'd agree that this was a true rose.

High, pure rose. Sweet, gorgeous, and strong. Confident but romantic. It's simply lovely. I don't know how, but you can tell that this isn't a red rose. Softens as it dries, but remains pretty strong on me for its lifetime.

I love all the rose blends. This SN is clean and bright. Not unlike Rose Red, except that LE had extra greenery to it. Not very long-lasting, but it's forgiven. So pretty!

Cool rosebud. It's a very pure rose smell, very clean and with a hint of lilies. Good throw despite the age. Simple, lovely, rose.