Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
crain

A trip to Disney!

My mom and I are making a trip out to Disneyland next week (I am coming from Connecticut, and she is coming from Florida). I need some recommendations for scents to take with me to wear. I have tons, both LEs and regular catalog- in other words too many to list. None of them, however, have patchouli or anything earthy in them. I am hoping that all of you experts can suggest some to take with me!

Thanks!

I imagine that it'll be pretty warm in Anaheim, so I would wear something light and refreshing, like Sea of Glass.

If you go out to dinner after it's cooled off in the evening, then you could wear something fancier, like a darker berry scent or something with rose or amber.

I wore Dana O'Shee to an amusement park today (Bonfante Gardens in Gilroy, CA), and it worked quite well. I think sweet, light perfumes would be your best bet. I'd also think things from the Mad Tea Party collection would be great, and appropriately themely. So if it were me, I'd be wearing The Dormouse. Maybe Fae or Zephyr, which strike me as scents a little girl would adore; I always feel young again when I get to visit Disneyland. And there's plenty of other stimulation (as well as the hot weather) going on there that a quieter perfume can be a good thing.

Or you could go the Evil Stepmother path with Wicked... :D

If you really wanted to go overboard, you could wear Tombstone in Frontierland, Neo-Tokyo in Tomorrowland, one of the fairy-inspired scents in Fantasyland... :P

Ahhhh, Disney. March Hare is my ultimate Disney fragrance. Anything from the Mad Tea Party would suit.

Try to select a few scents that you love and bring them along. That way you can always conjure up your Disney trip memories by applying those same scents anytime of the year.

I would think anything light, fresh or fruity would be great. March Hare is a good choice, as andrabell mentioned. Alice would be great, also!

Hmm... I would recommend something that tends to be rather light and floral (I've noticed that fruity scents can become a bit overwhelming in the heat).

If you have Pele or Bayou (both of which tend to go pretty light on my skin), you might want to wear those. Alice would also be a good choice.

However, I would recommend staying away from white florals (which can become piercing/headache inducing) and strong, heady florals... lots of heat/sweat/confined spaces can quickly turn those into nightmare scents.

Some of the lighter aquatic scents might work well too.

I would totally rec Midway, but peeps won't be getting their bottles til, like, august.

Hmm...anything alcoholic? :P

Going to Disneyworld is a big yearly event for my family, and I wanted to get a bunch of imps ahead of time this year so I can wear a different scent for each of our 7 days there. We're going at the beginning of Oct, but it'll probably be very hot and summery there.

Does anyone have suggestions that put them in mind of - the Magic Kingdom, Pleasure Island, MGM Studios, Epcot, Animal Kingdom, and waterparks? What would you specifically suggest for each? I've only ordered from here once, and I just don't know where to start!! :P

Oh, btw, I'm only 21 so I suppose younger scents are better.

One more question - my friends and I are going to the Magic Kingdom Halloween party as Romans (We're Classics majors, heh). Any good scents to add to our costumes? Male ones are ok too, since there are three guys in our group. :D

Anyway, I love the wonderful suggestions people come up with here, so I can't wait to see your responses! (If you don't want to come up with suggestions for each, one or two would still be awesome...)

*deep breath* ALICE! :P

(There's day one)

Edited by Medici

*deep breath* ALICE!  :P

(There's day one)

You took the words out of my mouth :D (I haven't smelled Alice yet, but it was certainly my first thought!)

To be more useful: Hrm. All I can think is, say, Jailbait (another I have yet to smell) if only for irony. I wore Hollywood Babylon to an amusement park a week or two ago, to good effect, too. That would work well for MGM.

I've got to second the recommendation of Jailbait. It's the ultimate in flirty, naughty-little-girl scents and it would be awesome at an amusement park!

Midway smells exactly like Main Street, USA, in DisneyWorld to me. We were just there in June, I wish I'd had it to wear then. It's the first thing I thought of when I sniffed my imp. It's LE, but I think there are imps floating around. If you don't have/can't find any, let me know and I'll share a bit of my imp. :P

Sign in to follow this