Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
shelldoo

Dragon's Hide

Dragon's Hide (dragon's blood, leather, and a hint of smoke)  I don't think I have really ever tried anything with dragon's blood, since I was always under the impression I did not like it and it was too incensey. Gorgeous scent! In the imp, it's a strange and lightly smokey scent. Wet on the skin, it's like a light and beautiful incense. As it dries, the smoke and leather blend beautifully. It's got pretty low throw. It may be a gateway to Dragon's blood to for me. I am definitely going to end up with a bottle, as I may be able to share this one with my SO!

The leather and smoke weren't my favorite, but I wanted to give it a try. They didn't mix well with my body and I wasn't a fan of them on the skin. 

I have an imp of this. It's lovely. Dragon's blood with leather & smoke is a fantastic combination. Smells like burning dragon's blood resin with a whiff of leather in the background.

Dragon's blood is one of my worst notes, so the whole Ars Draconis category is tough for me. However, Dragon's Hide is by far the best I've tried, particularly impressive in that I am not a smoke-and-leather lover, either. The notes are blended into perfect smoothness, so none of them stand out as overpowering or piercing as I have often experienced. Though this style remains "not my cup of tea," I enjoyed this, and it exceeded expectations.