Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Macha

Storm Moon

The Storm Moon marks the darkest portion of the year. A season of long, impenetrable nights and turbulent tempests. A raging, electric and wet scent: slashing rain notes, rolling thunder, and sharp, cold winds layered by a breath of softly wafting lunar incense, a hint of Luna’s blooms, and the brittle herbs of winter.

In bottle: Sharp, bright rain, dark clouds, cool winds... it's all there. It's not as floral as Thunder Moon, with a hint of that muskiness I find in Buck Moon. It's just a perfect representation of the wild sky during a storm.

On me: It's cool, wet, and... well... stormy. It's not OMG!YOUCANSMELLME strong, which endears it to me further. It's one of the most perfect Lunacy blends I've come across. I love it.

Very very ozone-y and clean (maybe that's the "dryer sheet" note lots of people get from this). I don't normally do ozone but it was fun to test this one out. Vanished within minutes, just like a summer thunderstorm can.

This is very ozoney on me, almost masculine. It does remind me to Tempest in that case, but it's a little softer due to the lunar oils.

Not my cup of tea, but I was still very curious about it.

I expected more watery smells. I just got this one and Thunder Moon. I was sure Thunder would be stronger! And it is, indedy. I like the descriptive notes in this oil, but it doesn't last very long on me. Initially applied, it has almost a lemony undertone. I really liked that, but alas, it faded quickly. While this is a keeper, it won't make my top 10. Yet....

In the bottle: Sharp ozone with floral and herbal-astringent hints.

Wet: Much greener-herbal. Very clean, but not too soapy. Floral slightly stronger, and ozone very faint.

Dry: This is pretty darn masculine. Cologne-y, astringent herbs, whisps of delicate flowers, over that drizzle of ozone-rain.

Summary: Masculine, clean ozone with touches of herbs and flowers.

Yessss. I finally swapped for a decant of this oil I've been so curious about. I'm willing to try any and all aquatics in my quest to find a rain scent that actually smells like rain on me. This is pretty good :) I was nervous about the soapy side of things I get with many aquatics and it had the possibility of becoming Irish Spring, but I think it's staying just this side of fresh and watery like Sturgeon Moon without getting soapy. I get a hint of the flowers also and it's nice that it keeps it from going hardcore aquatic. Woo hoo :D

Edit to say this is getting really, really freaking good. Reminder to self - DO NOT let this one go. It smells like standing in one of the summer downpours here in Chicago :)

Edited by rayvn1

I thought I'd get more water and less ozone, but this is so dryer-sheet ozoney, I can't get past it.

Sent by Evanescence! I was unsure how I would feel about this, because Lighting was kind of weird on me, but I love water and thunderstorms so much that at this point I'm like the pokemon master of storm scents and aquatics. Gotta catch 'em all.

In the bottle: Hmm, well, okay, smells kind of like Lightning, I guess that's the lab's ozone note--WOW THAT DOES SMELL LIKE RAIN. Also herbs and flowers. Basically, this smells like walking through someone's abandoned garden in February.

On me, wet: I like the rain note, but the flowers are kind of soapy on me. And they just get soapier the longer they're allowed to sink in. No, flowers, stop smelling like laundry detergent! Aquatics never do this on me, the worst they get is dryer sheets! Nooooooo!!!!!!! ...Okay, that's over, it only lasts like ten minutes. I'm left with what is essentially Lightning plus flowers, and I'm not really sure if I like it or not.

On me, dry: Rain and flowers. That's pretty much it, rain and flowers. Or what used to be rain and flowers, anyway, seeing as it's pretty much gone. I'm going to try it again, I think--I'd like it a lot, if it would just do me a favor and stick around a little.