Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
jj_j

Cabaret

Decadent, flamboyant, and fiercely seductive! Passionate red musk mixed with jasmine and wisteria.

Origin: Frimp in an eBay purchase

Initial thoughts: After reading the description, I note the red musk and assume this will not work.

In the Bottle: An interesting balance of floral and musk, like a lighter version of some elite perfume I've smelled.

Wet: Strongly musk, but it's not overpowering the wisteria or jasmine yet. It's sweet and sensual and so far it's working.

Drydown: Well, the musk does ramp up some, but I'm still getting a strong impression of the wisteria and a bit of jasmine.

Verdict: I think I can see myself wearing this every once in a while. And it's certainly a good one to hang onto for Meet & Sniffs.

If this were a little less jasmine and a little more red musk, I think I would love it. However, the jasmine is being very cloying and a touch chemically, so alas I have to conclude that this is not for me.

In the vial, this blend is rich, sweet, and slightly earthy.

Upon contact with the skin, the sweetness is tempered by a deepening of the musk. There is still a faint floral note, but the musky aspect is by far the most prominent.

The floral whispers fade away to practically nothing, leaving a deep, sensual, red musk behind. It doesn't seem to have much throw, but it is still very much there, making it seem like an ideal choice for an intimate encounter. :P

You know, even with knowing that it has jasmine and wisteria I still wanted to try this sucker. And thanks to a very generous friend, I was able to.

So, this one is a musky floral. Dark, musky, sophisticated floral. I can see people that like both Mme. Moriarty, Snake Charmer and Smut like this. It's got that same vibe.

As it dries however, I get more of the jasmine (which only has a vague cat pee vibe to it) and WISTERIA. Why hello there WISTERIA. Stop rolling around in my dark, sophisticated musk.

I said stop.

No really. It's not funny.

This doesn't make me like you better, you know.

I won this in an eBay auction and got it in the mail today.

Bottle: hmmmm, watery jasmine.

On skin: jasmine and soft spice....mmmm red musk. Red Musk and I are such good friends.

Normally I am not the biggest fan of jasmine but this is such a good match for red musk. Wisteria is not a note that I'm familiar with but that being said I don't pick anything up besides the two notes already stated.

Verdict: this is going on my "sexy" bpal shelf. Right between Spellbound and Snake Oil.

Red musk and florals. This is a little more flowery than I usually like, both the jasmine and the wisteria sharpen the red musk significantly. It's got a smoky quality to it, and it's very heady. Much later in the drydown it goes a little powdery on my skin.

Edited by crebbsgirl