Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
luxuria

Cherry

This is definitely the cherry component in both Kabuki and Blood, but the sweetness level is somewhere in between those two blends' wet phases. This isn't a completely sugared, candied cherry but still smells more like maraschino cherries than a fresh one. However, it definitely has a little bit of depth still.

I can't compare this to Black Cherry or any other cherry-related single notes because I haven't tried any of them, but this is a really, really nice cherry note. The only downside is how unbelievably fast this disappears on my skin. I think I'll mainly use this for layering purposes.

120418741.jpg

BPAL blends that include Cherry (vs. Black Cherry or Cherry Blossom) as one of it's ingredients:

Blood, Kabuki, The Queen of Hearts.

120418752.jpg

In the bottle

wink.gif I like this better than the black cherry single note, I thought it would be the other way around. This Cherry single note is more of a "real" cherry smell to me. It's a bit tarter, not as cloying. It's actually making me salivate. But I like berries and cherries and that kind of fruit anyway.

On

Wow, this is almost too strong. It smells like cherry candy after awhile though, really strongly.

(15 minutes) I'm thinkin' it's just that a little of this goes a long way because it's so concentrated (as naturally a single note would be I guess). I'm impressed and cherry single note gives bang for the buck that's for sure.

30 minutes

Wow this is like the longest lasting, strongest bpal blend I believe I've ever tried.

Throw:

Yep, more than the average blend but nothing record breaking or anything.

Scent category:

Fruity

Summary

Dayum that's some strong, long lasting cherry goodness.

Purchase again?

Yes

1-5 rating (5 being best)

4.5 I tried not to give this a 5 as I try to take this a bit too seriously and thus don't hand out 5's willy nilly. :P But it almost fits all the requirements; It's a perfect representation of what's it's supposed to be (in this case Cherry) it's long lasting, a little goes a long way, it smells good, etc.

What's really good about this particular blend for me though is not what it is like wearing it but how it would be the perfect one for, well blending. Maybe a drop with a drop of vanilla bean just to change the vividness of the cherry alone. By the way I do love the cherry goodness of BPAL's "Queen of Hearts".

Cherry - This is an incredibly thick, heavy, syrupty-sweet scent. I never could understand why some people got almond and cherry confused, but now that I've smelled the single notes for both, I can understand, since they're both so heavy and thick, and both scents blast right out at you in a blaze of bright, ultra-sugary sweetness. However, once the initial blast of ultra-sugar-sweetness dissipates, the cherry SN smells nothing like almond. It is the scent of thick, sweet, Grenadine, as it sits in the bottom of your tequila sunrise, before it's stirred up. It's the sweetness of biting into a sweet Maraschina cherry. It's the sticky, red sweetness of a Jolly Rancher cherry hard candy. It's super-sweet, and artificial-fruity, incredibly juicy, and smells absolutely nothing like a real cherry picked fresh off the tree, but it's so luscious that I want to lick my skin. Sadly, as with virtually all cherry BPAL blends, the cherry fades significantly after about five minutes on my skin, and after fifteen minutes, I can barely smell it at all, and what little scent is left is more of a plastic-sweetness, like scratch-n-sniff stickers or Strawberry Shortcake dolls than real, juicy-sweet fruit. It's a very fun SN, but for me, it's not wearable due to its short wear-length, low level of throw, and plastic-essence.

First on... maraschino cherries. Sticky sweet and drowning in sugared syrup. It almost reminds me of cherry cough syrup for a few minutes. In the drydown, it still smells candied, sort of like cherry lollipops.

I haven't been able to really pick the cherry note out of any of the regular BPAL blends, with the exception of The Red Queen, so it's not a note that I'm very familiar with. The single note itself is light and fades rather quickly on my skin.

Black Cherry was more of a tart, powdery scent on my skin. This plain ole regular Cherry is on a major sugar buzz.

I wish that there were more cherry blends to choose from in the regular catalogue lineup. Layering this with the lime single note makes me very happy :P

ah, maraschino cherries. :P

this blend is strong, which is great because i love a little throw. there aren't nearly enough cherry bpal blends IMO, and some of the ones that have cherry listed don't actually deliver the way i would like. this though, is gorgeous--sweet enough for a foody scent lover but feminine in the vein of jailbait or pink phoenix.

lovely. i don't know why there aren't more reviews *looks around*

In the imp: Maraschino cherries.

On Skin: Sweet cherries. And yes, I do think of maraschino cherries. It's the cherry in Kabuki and Queen of Hearts

Verdict: This is a thick, syrupy sweet scent, foody without being overtly, not too fruity and feminine in the Jailbait sort of way. I've had the black cherry SN before... and if I recollect correctly that one was perhaps heavier and juicier... The scent is very different. It's like comparing Queen of Hearts to Hollywood Babylon.

ETA: So the Cherry SN does smell like maraschino cherries, but also like some of the commercial cherry cough syrups. It's rich, thick, and has a ton of throw.

Edited by zankoku_zen

It's funny that edenssixthday mentions the cherry/almond mixup because I've definitely done that in my life - it took me forever to figure out that the cloying sent of the cheap hand soap I mistakenly bought wasn't cherry but almond. It's a weird one.

But this is not almond. :P At first, in the vial, it has that same sticky-sweet thickness, like there's more sugar in it than physics could possibly allow for. It almost smelled like it burned, it was so edged and sweet. But on, things immediately calmed down - and went straight to cherry chapstick. No joke; there was a lot of sweet maraschino-cherriness, but with a wax underlay.

Now, 20-30 minutes later, the scent has lost a lot of the wax, but it's still a glossy red cherry candy scent more than a true cherry. Like ice cream, though, with a richness that a lot of cherry sweets lack. It is quite strong, and it makes me think that while I don't really care for it that much, I might fall for the new Beaver Moon - which is trouble in the making!

Three cheers to djnevermore for giving me the opportunity to try this one. :D