Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
jj_j

Pink Grapefruit

My grandmother has a set of serrated spoons that she used to section up grapefruit for me as a kid, and over the years, the wooden handles have become imbued with the scent of tart pink grapefruit.

That's exactly what this is - tart pink grapefruit, clear and true, with a heavy heaping of sugar on top to sweeten it up.

I love that the single notes Beth uses are so true - they're fantastic in blends, and on their own.

Slice open a pink grapfruit and bottle the scent. That's what Beth did. Complete with the oily, fragrant skin and white bitter pith and sweet, juicy pulp.

at first: oh, wow! this is spot-on! my mouth is watering.

on: lovely. a perfectly tart pink grapefruit. a bit sweet, but mostly juicy and tart.

1 hour later: it's much lighter now. it's that scent you get after eating some grapefruit, the smell that's left lingering on your fingers. interesting.

2 hours later: this has completely disappeared.

overall: i'll need to try slathering this stuff on in order for it to last. however, it is a gorgeous scent...if one likes the smell of pink grapefruit, of course. wonderful. i'm thinking this will be good as a mid-day pick-me-up. i'm still not sure if i'll get more of this, but i'll like using up my imp.

Wow. Just wow. I am afraid I am going to have to try to swap for as many of these imps as I possibly can now that it's been discontinued ...

It's funny because most of the companies that do "pink grapefruit" scents do nice enough jobs, but no one has ever captured the pure scent of true pink grapefruit like Beth has with this ...

As those above me have said ... just imagine you have cut in half a fresh delicious pink grapefruit straight from the Florida sunshine tree ... you place it on your plate and sprinkle a little sugar on it ... use that serrated grapefruit knife to dislodge all the sections ... eat the sweet pieces and what's left is the best part ... the remnants of juice in each little crevice, with just the slightest bit of sugar remaining to make it perfect.

Then put it in an imp and send it to me. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Origin:

Monet sent me a shortie of this as a consolation prize in her "Pay It Forward" contest. :D

My impressions:

I've pumped myself full of allergy medications just to try this one, so my nose is nice and clear for the first time in maybe a week. :D

Oh my, this is gorgeous! It's not too tart and not too sweet and smells exactly like a freshly halved pink grapefruit dusted with sugar. I've always loved the smell of grapefruit and this more than lives up to my high expectations. There's nothing artificial at all about this, although for some reason it reminds me of Sour Patch grapefruit slices. :D

Beautiful, just beautiful. I'll be requiring more of this one! :P

A single note that does exactly what it says on the tin, right down to the pith/peel scent that most citrus scents leave out. Sadly it stayed around on my skin for less time than it took for me to get dressed, but I think my mum'll like it.

I have recently started experimenting with the fruity single notes and I'm surprised by how much I actually love them. Grapefruit pretty much never works for me in BPAL blends, it always smells sour and dirty.

This singlenote is so good that it literally makes my mouth water. It smells like the ripe pink grapefruit sprinkled with sugar that I enjoy so often for breakfast. It’s so sweet and delicious. It gets more sugary in the drydown, which I love. I wish that I could get a full bottle of this. :P

121665383.jpg

Imp Pic: http://pic7.picturetrail.com/VOL202/154131...8/121665863.jpg

BPAL blends which use Pink Grapefruit (vs White Grapefruit) as one of it's ingredients:

None that I can find.

In the bottle

This is a golden yellow blend. It smells heavenly of sweet grapefruit.

On

Yum. Really good. It smell slike verything that's good abot grapefruit. It's not bitter in the least just sweet and lushious. And yes, it does make my mouth water too.

30 minutes

Stays the same and the scent hasn't diminished yet as of 45 minutes.

Throw:

A bit

Scent category:

Citrus

Summary

I can't find one thing negative about this review. It's long lasting, it doesn't morph it has a bit of throw, it's great.

Purchase again?

Yes. A bottle if I could ever sell a kidney for one.

1-5 rating (5 being best)

Pink Grapefruit - This is so incredibly authentic and true-to-life that I can hardly believe it. My very first reaction is that it smells like slicing open a pink grapefruit for breakfast. I instantly recognize this note from my favorite grapefruit scent, Cheshire Cat. It’s sweet and tart and has the sharp, crisp “zing” of fresh grapefruit. It’s a really fabulous single note, but sadly, just like all grapefruit BPAL blends, it disappears from my skin within the first 30 minutes, and has virtually no throw even when first applied.

Mmmmmmm yum. As others have said this is a very pithy wondrously tart rendition of grapefruit with an almost candish note. It's more reminiscent of a grapefruit sliced in half and covered in a liberally ladled tablespoon of sugar. Not that a mere tablespoon could ever cover up the stand-up-scream-out tart citrusy-ness of grapefruit.

This SN has COTS (citrus oil throw syndrome) which is to say it doesn't have much at all, but the staying it has on my skin is really impressive considering how much I have to slather Boabhan Sith. Next time I wear it I'll actually keep track of the hours, but for the time being suffice to say it lasted longer than I expected.

I :P grapefruit, and I'm so grateful I got my hands on this.

Ah, and again, I don't think BPAL citrus notes fare all that well, and Pink Grapefruit to me is no exception. On wet, it's got a horrible lacquer/varnish smell that is absolutely horrible. As it dries, it becomes more of the bitter pith of a grapefruit, and if I sniff about an inch or two away from where I applied it, I can sort of smell the grapefruit. If my nose is closer however, it smells horribly bitter and fake and like b.o.

Epic. Fail.

I have to say, the prior review worried me about my bottle, but... Well, in the bottle it smells like grapefruit juice. Somewhat pithy, a bit more bitter than an actual grapefruit, but no wholly unpleasant. No varnish scent yet.

And on the skin, it is not at all strong, but it seems a bit sweeter now and truer to the scent of a real... pink... grapefruit? Okay, maybe it's stronger than I thought; I can smell it while I type. Not the strongest ever, no, but it's not terribly weak either.

Up very close, it reminds me of dusty candied peels.

Maybe my skin chemistry is just very forgiving of very old citrus, though. I'd like to see some more recent reviews of this one.