Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

For most of this oil's life on the skin, it is white-floral-forward, with the backdrop more of a sheer mesh of the darker notes than a hard/heavy presence. It's not as powerful as other white florals I've tried, but it's definitely still a floral-lover's oil.  If you're worried this will be too dark because of the other notes, though, it won't be.

Even on the drydown, the myrrh/ink just serve to sort of... preserve the flower in question, give it a sturdy metaphorical book in which to be pressed. (Actual book smell not included.) In this end-stage, there's a memory of the flower, and a sense of good times past. 

Snowdrops are my favourite flowers, so this was a no-brainer to buy.

In the bottle, initially I can only detect the greenery, like the first hardy shoots to appear. On the skin the bud comes out, an unexpectedly soft white floral. It's not stark on me, the edges are softened before it eventually evens out. After some time, the greenery is gone and only the soft white floral remains, like the hazy memory of a long-forgotten kiss goodbye. Quite lovely. 

Edited by Kimmie