Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

“Perfume, not poppers!” Put it in Latin on our family crest. The contents of this 5ml apothecary bottle are certainly nothing illicit, no ma’am. Just a nice, relaxing olfactory swan dive into the abyss, under the barest pretense of home entertainment hygiene.

(Please note: this perfume contains no actual video head cleaner. No alcohol, no acetone, no amyl nitrate, no xylene. It is an accord meant to mimic and celebrate the scent profile and tone of poppers without explicitly smelling like poppers or having a popper’iffic effect.)

Edited by Jenjin

I really didn’t know what poppers actually were other than a drug that used to be popular. I had to google it 🤣

This smells EXACTLY like the inside of a VCR. Like when you take a videotape out and the tape is warm and you can smell the electric innards of the VCR. I’m so intrigued but also scared to put it on..

Ok on the skin it smells dusty and almost flammable. It’s strong too. I might be getting a leathery vibe to an extent. I don’t know that I would ever wear this on a regular basis but it’s so interesting!

You really smell the dusty innards of the tapes, almost a turpentine quality, or paint thinner. It's eerie how well Beth gets it. I've never had poppers but this does seem like something you would huff to get high

There's kind of a dusty sandalwood? Hard to tell what the real notes  are.

An hour later it softens into a woody powder. Maybe a bit of iris in there? If you are wary of "chemical" smells the drydown isn't like that at all. A pleasant surprise. A little earthy and powdery, very gentle on the skin.

I don't have anything else from bpal that smells like this. It is a singular scent.