Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Black roses, Pashmina oud, clove bud, opoponax, kyphi smoke, tobacco absolute, and orris butter.

Smoky dark red roses and by "smoky" I don't mean charred. More like colored by the resins. I almost smell jasmine here, maybe the oud is indolic? Anyway this has an old movie glamor feel to it.

Edited by patina

A deep, jewel tone purple musk. I think the kyphi is the strongest, but I'd describe it more as resiny than smoky. I'm getting a floral note in the background, but it doesn't read as especially rosy. I think the black rose is combining with the pashmina oud to give the scent a slight floral and cashmere component to it. I was surprised by this one, given its notes. It ended up being a more resiny, purple oud scent, with a noticeable floral and cashmere quality to it.

This is a gorgeously dark dramatic scent. Old movie/noir glam is spot on. Also agree with samanare that there's a cashmere richness to it, although I came to say that I thought the orris butter was adding something pearlescent, but both can be true. My scent brain remembered In Time of Plague having similar notes, but that blend is quite stark and severe in comparison to this richness. Black rose is featured more prominently here and I think the oud pairing helps it smell more like a living rose than a dried one. Plus the kyphi is holding its own with the tobacco note, which adds more dimension.