Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Unnaturally appealing, radiant with an unwholesome luster!
Peppermint-laced preserved cherries soaking in thick lime syrup, dashed with a sliver of yuzu.

This one might not be an easy sell, since the combo of cherry and mint makes it impossible to escape a certain amount of "cough drop" associations. But Green Maraschino is more complex than that, and rewards a deeper sniff!

My immediate thought when smelling the bottle was that there's actually something grassy to it. The freshness of the mint, the bright acidic tartness of the lime and yuzu, the lushly glowing sweetness of the cherry... kind of a lot going on! But my first impression was chlorophyll? Which is oddly fitting given the color palette. Am I crazy?

I am not a great lover of mint smells, and the peppermint immediately grew stronger when freshly applied to the skin. This was a bummer, but I'm glad I waited it out! Within a few moments it  calmed down quite nicely, and the sharp citrus seems to throw the furthest. I was also fascinated to discover that the lovely cherry sweetness remains relatively understated, rather the way it would in a cocktail garnished with a maraschino. No boozy notes are listed, but there's something about the whole package that suggests a fancy cocktail at a '50s nightclub, poured from an aluminum shaker. I would savor a drink that tastes the way this scent smells: cold, refreshing, not too sweet. I never quite get that grass blast again, but there's definitely something about the citrus and peppermint pairing that evokes a wet, glittering green.

Some of the things I love about Green Maraschino are exactly what might read to others as "Welcome to the Halls of Medicine," but I think the tartness really turns it into something else, and I'll be excited to wear it out on warmer evenings.

This is pretty much a mint scent on me. I can just barely pick out the cherry and citrus notes, but it never breaks through the mint. Overall, more of a green citrus tinged mint scent than anything else.

I like all of these notes, but I had no idea how they would smell together, so I opted for a decant.

I'm glad I did, because something in this went wonky on me. I'm not sure which note or combination of notes was doing it, but I got the dreaded tomato soup that I get from some scents. 😭 Before that happened, this was a bracing peppermint, lime, and yuzu scent on me. The cherry was not distinct on me, but the scent is very green, which matches its inspiration.

I wish I had gotten more cherry from this and that my skin chemistry didn't do weird things with this! Alas.

Edited by doomsday_disco

I'm glad I tried this, this does smell exactly like the way green maraschino cherries look and smell. The peppermint can be a little weird when it pokes out and this isn't for anyone who can't stand anything cough syrup like. But overall it blends surprisingly well into an unnatural tart green fruity scent. Good for summer.