Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A new year’s blessing! Peony, China’s national flower, with bamboo for flexibility, plum blossom for perseverance, courage, and hope, tangerine for wealth, orange for happiness, lychee for household peace, pine resin for constancy, golden kumquat and quince for prosperity, narcissus and King mandarin for good fortune, and peach blossom for longevity, with a splash of blazing red of dragon’s blood to help you scare away the rampaging Nian.

This year's Lunar New Year blend is a mix of super fruity & sweet with sensual florals.
In the bottle, Wooden Dragon smells like a homemade tropical punch with a generous splash of citrus juice and a background of pine needles, like you're sitting outside at a summer party in someone's backyard and they happened to plant a big pine tree and you're sitting in its shade while you sip this fancy punch.  It's not a strong pine, but a natural one that floats softly in the background.  The pine doesn't survive at all on my skin, though.
First applied, this immediately launches into gummi worms candy and sharp floral perfume that's sort of dewy and sensual rather than being offputting.  Gummi candy trying to be a mature lady's perfume, in the best way possible. 
It's really fun and candied for about a half hour, and then the drydown is just amazing.  The gummi candy impression fades, but it's still a very sweet, tropical lychee juice with hints of cheery, sharper citrus cutting through the sweetness, and I just adore the way the florals and dragon's blood are swirling together in this year's blend.  The plum blossom, peach blossom, and peony combo in this is gorgeous.  I smell actual plum fruit and the florals are sharp and threatening to go soapy, which I would normally hate, but mixed with the sweeter notes, they smell elegant and rich.  The dragon's blood makes it even more sensual, darkening the florals and giving off a red, glowy impression.
This might be my favorite Lunar New Year scent yet.