Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Jenjin

Champagne and Blood

Sanguine sensuality with a pop: dragon’s blood resin, Egyptian myrrh, black cherry, clove, and champagne.

The champagne smells more clean and fizzy than usual, and not as sweet as usual.  It makes me think of dropping a LUSH bath bomb into water, picking it up as it's fizzing and dissolving, and going to smell it and getting the fizz up my nose.  A cold, sharp, clean fizz that's not unpleasant and is sort of spa-like.  I do not drink alcohol, though, so maybe that's why my brain is going to bath bombs and not champagne.

Champagne & Blood starts off with a burst of sweet maraschino cherry, but quickly dries down to a wonderful fragrance where I can smell all of the listed notes.  The cherry, dragon's blood, and cola-like myrrh all meld together to smell like a resinous, sweet cherry cola dropped into the clean fizziness, with wafts of a powdery, warm perfume that smells like powdered amber incense (not baby powdery at all) and spicy, dry clove.  It smells like a relative to Blood Kiss, like Blood Kiss's incredibly attractive and confident mom who can pull off wearing a crisp suit and is someone who knows the importance of meditating and taking care of herself every day.

I might have to rethink my stance on not liking bpal's champagne perfumes.  I'm really enjoying this one.

Swoon-a-roonies, this is great! If you ordered a decant it will probably be obvious that you want to roll/shake/otherwise gently agitate this oil, but even in the bottle you can see a distinct separation of components:

Spoiler

small.champagneBlood.jpeg.06b94a1a821c85

There is definitely something magically cola-like happening, without being sticky or cloying. I love the contrast of the cool fizz of champagne with the warmth of dragon's blood and clove, accented by a flirtation of delicious cherry. But the sparkling champagne note is the star, and it lasts all day. A delight!

Mmmm I adore BPAL's champagne note, ever since getting my beloved bottle of Pumpkin Spice Champagne.

This starts out very cherry cola fizzy, but quickly softens to let the clove and myrrh come through.

I love it!!

Wait how have I not yet reviewed this? It's perfection in a BPAL to me. There's a blast of cherry cola and champagne upon application, and then it dries down to the most divine blood/labdanum/incense (but not too spicy!) note. I cannot stop sniffing wherever I've applied it and on a recent trip to New Orleans this was one of only 4 scents I selected to accompany the journey!