Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Odilon Redon - Death: My Irony Surpasses All Others!

An inky, desolate, unfathomable black musk.

Edited by Jenjin

I guess I have to compare this to Streets of Detroit. There's also the sense of something industrial in this one. Toner ink? I get the sense of a dark, dull burgandy mixed into the black.

I've tried Siberian Musk SN before. If I remember it correctly, Death My Irony is less sweet, drier and flatter. "Desolate musk" might fit it well enough. Aging sometimes changes scents a bit though.

In general: Dry-ish, matte, inky.

Edited by patina

I haven't tried either of those scents the previous reviewer mentioned but I have to say, I agree with the general sentiment of the review.. 

Black musk can threaten to go into aftershave territory on me.  It is mostly well-behaved here but I have to go easy on application or I'm headed back to the 70's or 80's.... something that might be a plus, for some. 

It's a strong black musk on me with an industrial or chemical aspect, almost like a hint of motor oil or burnt tires.  That might not sound so great but it's not a bad thing and in the right mood or setting could be just the thing needed..

Also I'll add, later in the drying stages, I'm getting a little tiny bit of dry spice, not quite cinnamon but something, hard to pin down.