Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Jenjin

Bergamot, Himalayan Cedar, and Lemon Peel

I love all these notes so I was kinda surprised by how much I did not enjoy this. I've rarely described a scent as "cleaning product" but this.... smells exactly like a Seventh Generation all-natural all-purpose cleaner. Big essential oil citrus vibes. I would've guessed lime, if I'd blind sniffed this. A really pithy bitter lime, like the lime/lemon equivalent of bitter orange. Almost petitgrain, but not green? Can't speak to longevity cause I was not gonna keep it on longer than I needed to be sure it wasn't gonna do some bpal magic and drydown amaxingly. Mid throw though. 

ETA: I forgot to say, the drydown is more cedary and smells like a citrus scented Wondercide. lol Might help keep bugs away, haven't tested that theory. 

Edited by OxfordComma

More of a cedar dominated cedar and lemon duo on me. The lemon peel is fresh and isn't especially artificial smelling on me. It does add to the cedar, giving it a fresh, almost pop-y quality to it. Overall the scent is a little too overpoweringly lumber yard for what I was hoping for, but is still a pleasant scent, when applied lightly.

On me, I get a really nice balance of bergamot sharing the stage with the lemon, while the cedar stays somewhat in the background after drydown.  Citrus notes usually fade on me waaaay too fast and this one is holding on nicely.

Starting off, the cedar is definitely dominant in this scent -- combined with the very bright and pithy lemon peel, it does give strong natural-cleaning-product vibes immediately after application and as it's drying down. After drydown, the cedar and lemon peel soften quite a bit and the bergamot peeks out more -- at this stage, it's more of a soft, slightly sweet citrus with soft woods in the background. It can come across as too loud and harsh in the early stages, but I do like it once it's calmed down on my skin.