Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

An almost grotesquely sensual, indolic cookie perfume.

Edited by Jenjin

I suppose we must know that the scent descriptions are not guarantees: they are an art form unto themselves, enhancing our appreciation of the scents. this one seemed least likely to be deceptive, and I was very excited to get a whiff.

but even though I know better, I must confess I nearly cried to discover this oud is NOT INDOLIC. it is gorgeous, of a light, nearly sweet perfume quality, and absolutely not what was advertised. luckily I was able to get over my devastation at the loss of what might have been, and come around to the devastating loveliness of this unusual blend. light on oud and light on gingerbread, somehow perfectly and unexpectedly complementary. for me it is very delicate, low throw, and addictive.

if anyone else is getting the darker, more provocative oud from this I am super jealous, but imo we got the switcheroo. still encourage the oud crew to check this one out!

This oud is on the "nice" list. It's woody-sweet and complex, but not wildly funky. The gingerbread spices blend seamlessly with it. It's a little bit cologne-esque as a whole, especially OOB or wet, but in a very appealing way. Rich and decadent, definitely sensual, but the "naughty" indoles have not tagged along to my nose, at least. This one is going to be a favorite for me. (And I should note that this doesn't read like very foodie or "cookie" to me.)

UPDATE: This gets more beautiful and more complex as it wears on the skin. It's got a good bit of throw for me; my skin test is filling my entire car!

Edited by elissamay

This starts out smelling like straight patchouli and gingerbread, then fades fairly quickly until only a whisper of incensy, non-indolic oud remains with a vague spiciness. Granted, I tried this one on my hand, so that probably affects longevity. It's pleasant, but not really my jam.

Edited by daemonrabbit

This is not foodie on me. The gingerbread (really more like sweet ginger) mixes with the nice medium oud. This oud smells just like a sandalwood and patchouli soap I had once. Maybe the soap had oud in it? Who knows? But my brain is stuck on "sandalwood soap" when I smell it. It is a very dry blend and sweet.

The best other scent I can compare it to is Plunder from the GC. Dry spice in this one, not hot, not overwhelming. This seems like it would deepen and get richer with aging. Despite the comparison to sandalwood, this is very much an oud with oud habits of lingering sultrily in the background. It's not loud but it's very much There and vamping it up. (At least that's how it works on my skin.)

Edited by patina