Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
comebackqueen

Recommendations for Liquor and Wine Scents

Hi, other than the new happy hour Weenies (Pumpkin Spice Margarita, Pina Colada, PS Espresso Martini, etc.) does anyone have recommendations for alcoholic scents? I've tried 21 for gin and Bon Vivant for champagne, and love Kali for wine. Any others? I have a seasonal job at a fine wines and spirits store and think alcohol scents would be fun! Esp. with New Year's approaching soon.

I'm not the best authority for describing these notes, but I tend to enjoy them. Here are some recommendations:

ATHENS. (voluptuous myrrh, golden honey, red wine, and sweet flowers.) It's a great red wine scent. It's a darker take on red wine than Kali, very tannic. It might depend on how honey plays on your skin. The honey is a subtle supporting note on me, but I know some people amp it and get nothing but honey.

Jazz Funeral (Bittersweet bay rum, bourbon, and a host of funeral flowers with a touch of graveyard dirt, magnolia and Spanish Moss) if you like some humid dirt and moss with your booze.

Mari Lywd (Welsh cakes and ale with a smattering of dried lavender) is a recurring Yule scent with a hoppy, wearable ale tone.

I haven't tried Mad Sweeney (Barrel-aged whiskey and oak) but it seems like a good option. Juke Joint (Kentucky Bourbon, sugar and a sprig of mint) went weird on my skin, but others get mint julep from it.

Looking at the notes, Hellfire (A swirl of pipe tobacco, hot leather, ambergris, dark musk and the lingering incense smoke from their Black Mass) doesn't list anything alcoholic, but it sure smells like leather+incense+booze to me.

Another wine scent but The Obsidian Widow is lovely: Pinot noir, dark myrrh, red sandalwood, black patchouli, night-blooming jasmine, and attar of rose.

For rum there is also The Wellerman (Sugar, tea, and rum) and Grog (pirate rum)! 

Perversion! It's one of my favorite GC scents. "Smoky rum and black tobacco with a whisper of steamy leather with a splash of crystalline chardonnay, layered over a sensual, sweet, and deceptively magnetic base of tonka." 

Dead Leaves, Bourbon, Black Cherry and An Orange Twist!

You might also like Oak King v4 prototype; rather than oak, it smells like opening a great-grandfather’s liquor cabinet. Whew!

There's a booze imp pack -- ones that haven't been mentioned yet are Absinthe, Elegba, Grog, and Juke Joint.  Bard has bay rum -- seems like some of the piratey scents do too.  Yep!  Jolly Roger, Port-au-Prince and Mary Read, all with rum of some kind.  Miskatonic University for Irish Coffee -- also Irish Coffee Buttercream and Spiced Rum Buttercream Coffee, both ACLU activism scents that are still available.  Good holiday scents!  And Blood Kiss has a heady cherry wine note.