Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

Dead Leaves, Sweetgrass & Pine Needles

I get the Sweetgrass smell right away and it's sooooo nice. It softens the pine, which can come off harsh by itself but the two meld so beautifully together in this. I can't specifically pick out dead leaves by themselves, they just blend in with the rest of the perfume.

This doesn't last super long on me, just a few hours before it fades away, but knowing these blends it will get stronger with age.

Smells like a pine forest floor. The pine needles and sweetgrass come together in this grassy, more fibrous note, slightly dominating the scent. The DL note is there, but more surrounding and supporting the other two notes. Overall, I'd describe this more as a grassy scent than anything else.

At first this is a very dry scratchy leaf/grass scent, not bell pepper or cologney. On the dry down the pine needle dominates, I find it to lean a bit more perfumey feeling. I'd love this scent as a bodywash.

Starts out with bell pepper dead leaves and a very nice pine and sweet-grass lifting up the leaves. After an hour of wear, the leaves fall out of the tree and I'm left with the grass and a very gentle pine that doesn't distinguish itself.  I was hoping this would be like a walk in the woods under pine tree but it turns softer and more simply green than I had hoped for.

Very nice if you're not looking to be punched in the face by pine and dead leaves. I, however, DO want to be punched in the face by pine and dead leaves, so this is a pass for me.

Crunchy, green bell pepper (which almost made me write this one off immediately) and actual black pepper that settles into a really beautiful forest fragrance.  I'm very happy with how quick the bell pepper note disappears; it's gone within a couple minutes.  It quickly settles into an impression of warm, earthy, rich patchouli and pine needles touched with sweet pine sap and warm, creamy woods.  The sweetgrass has a gentle, incense smoke quality to it and makes me think of bundles of dried smudging sticks.  And it's all wrapped up into an impression of a sophisticated, woodsy men's fragrance.  A half hour in, I start to smell a hint of something that smells like sweat (a sourness in the pine, maybe?), but I still really like it.

I have no idea why I full bottled this one because I tend to hate bpal's dead/green leaves note, but it's one of my favorites of the 2023 Halloween scents.  I'm always looking for scents that smell like a sexy romance novel lumberjack or that remind me of where I grew up in the pine forests of the Ozarks, and this makes me think of both of those things.