Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

Autumn Fougere

In the bottle this is VERY interesting the notes are really hard to parse out as everything is happening all at once and the notes are less distinct from each other as you'd might expect. I think at first I'm getting a fougere cologne but there's also something slightly sweet about it thats not from the cologne, maybe the sweet leaves and then it ends in a dry campfireness not like a burning fire but like one that has just stopped burning. Somewhere there is also a faint moment of leather and moss but like only for a second. I'm not getting LEATHER which is great because I was worried about it. Fresh in the hair this doesn't get any less mysterious. This what I'd imagine an 18 central vampire would smell like as he sneaks up on you right as the last flame turns to burning coal in the bonfire. You can smell his expensive cologne, fine leather trimmings on his clothes and the freshly fallen leaves under his feet. Not yet marred in scent by the sins he's about to commit. After complete dry down it mostly becomes fougere cologne. Overall big cool androgynous spooky energy. 

Edited by FloridaFledgling

Do you like dirt? Do you like leaves? Do you like these two things together? That's this. Imagine you just had sex with a very sophisticated goth older man (possibly a vampire, to second FloridaFledgling) in a very old crypt full of leaves and dust mites swirling through autumn air. There is no sweetness in this mix and the leaves actually lean a little greener than I originally thought they would. It's been a total standout in my weenie order so far. 

I haven't tried this in my hair yet, but am giving it a good test on my arm, since I sometimes use my hair glosses as a body spray. Unless something changes a lot after dry down, I won't be using my decant as a body spray. 

The fougere is very dominant, with the leaves secondary. I was worried about the leather note, because I rarely enjoy it in my perfumes. But fortunately leather is at most a supporting player, only barely showing up after dry down. Unfortunately, instead campfire smell, which I love, I get stale cigarette smoke, which I hate. In fact, this smell of cigarette smoke amps after about 20 minutes and is all I can smell.  I still plan to give this a true test in my hair, and will update my review after I do that. I truly hope that it doesn't make my hair smell like cigarettes. My hair used to quickly pick up that smell from places where smoking is allowed and I hated it. Since there are no places I go any more where smoking is permitted, I always hoped that would remain a distant scent memory. Stay tuned! 

Oh this is lovely! Musky and very lightly leafy, with a soft beautiful leather underneath.

This is too smokey for me. Fortunately I'm getting campfire & not cigarettes, but it's just not my thing.

Edited by alterosen