Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Pumpkin Spice Pina Colada

This is very much a pina colada scent with lots of juicy pineapple and creamy coconut, and very light on the rum and pumpkin spice.  It's lovely and refreshing, but I am hoping that aging will bring out the pumpkin! 

This is almost a pineapple juice or pineapple cubes one note on me. There is a creaminess to the scent, I attribute to the coconut and the rest of the pina colada. But I don't get pumpkin spice at all, just a very pineapple heady pina colada.

This does kinda weird stuff on my skin and I don't know why. Wet, I get a ton of juicy pineapple. Lurking beneath that is what I am assuming is a pile of pumpkin pulp. It smells vegetal and bitter, kind of like the weird smell you sometimes get after you sneeze. After the perfume dries, I get a very pleasant coconut skin scent with no hint of the weird note from the wet stage. There's a whiff some of the pineapple sticking around and maybe a hint of pumpkin spice.

Minimal throw and ends up in a pretty similar spot to many other coconut perfumes I have, but with the addition of pineapple. I am happy it doesn't just turn into a cinnamon party, which is what usually happens with any pumpkin spice perfume. Not sure why the wet stage is so odd on me, though.

I liked Upa Upa from the Atomic Luau Lounge with it's boozy rum pina colada vibe and hoped this would be similar since I destashed it and kept wondering why. 

In the bottle this is similar, less rum more pineapple coconut, with some indistinct spice adding some dimension but not super placeable as pumpkin spice, maybe a tad buttery, mmm. On my skin, drats this goes plasticky, sweet, dusty, and I also kinda agree on the vegetal vibe. There's coconut if I hunt for it.

PS Champagne worked nicely last I tried it, so I'm not sure if this has a different PS note, or this particular blend just does not coelesce right on my skin. The coconut might be the culprit. NAVA Pineapple Punch plays nicer, so I'll stick with that.

However if PS, coconut, and pineapple play nice on you I would scoop this up, it's wonderful in the bottle!